Solved Sync contacts from 3cx to Office 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco83

Joined
Feb 7, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I am using version 16 and have integrated Office 365. The contacts are displayed to me. Everything works fine.

Is it planned to sync contacts from 3cx to Office 365 as well?

greeting
 
How long did it take for contacts to display? I was able to successfully login and that tests out okay, but none of my contacts have synced yet. Do you know how it verifies which user is which? Name, or email address? My display name on Office 365 is Kyle at Total Tech Team, but my extension name is Kyle Lastname. The email addresses are the same, though. But, no contacts have imported yet!
 
How long did it take for contacts to display? I was able to successfully login and that tests out okay, but none of my contacts have synced yet. Do you know how it verifies which user is which? Name, or email address? My display name on Office 365 is Kyle at Total Tech Team, but my extension name is Kyle Lastname. The email addresses are the same, though. But, no contacts have imported yet!
It uses email address to associate extensions with O365 users. If the extension does not exists, it will be created.

As for contacts, you need to have some in your Outlook "contacts" section, which are private contacts. Then they should appear.

Also, did you configure the App settings and permissions in Office 365 correctly?
 
It uses email address to associate extensions with O365 users. If the extension does not exists, it will be created.

As for contacts, you need to have some in your Outlook "contacts" section, which are private contacts. Then they should appear.

Also, did you configure the App settings and permissions in Office 365 correctly?

Using email addresses makes the most sense to associate, so I'm glad that's what it's doing. I have over 500 contacts in my Outlook "contacts" section, they are all in my outlook.office365.com contacts, and they also sync to my Outlook and my phone, so I know it's working there.

I did configure the app settings and permissions correctly, and I get the message saying everything is okay, but still no contacts coming into 3CX. This is very distressing, as I recently ported my number from my business cell phone to a SIP provider to make 3CX my main system and stop carrying two cell phones - I just now have the 3CX app on my personal cell. But I have no contacts! I need them!
 
I did configure the app settings and permissions correctly, and I get the message saying everything is okay, but still no contacts coming into 3CX.

I tried it today on my v16 installation. I can confirm that no contacts were synced.

This might be a bug.
 
Here's what I'm getting for the one user I'm trying for (myself):

9604

So it looks like the connectivity is working. The email address DOES match my extension, which is set to the default of 000 that got set during the PBXExpress install to my Azure instance. The NAME does not match my extension, however, as mentioned above. Still no contacts when I login to the WebClient or look in contacts elsewhere.
 
Here's what I'm getting for the one user I'm trying for (myself):

View attachment 9604

So it looks like the connectivity is working. The email address DOES match my extension, which is set to the default of 000 that got set during the PBXExpress install to my Azure instance. The NAME does not match my extension, however, as mentioned above. Still no contacts when I login to the WebClient or look in contacts elsewhere.

Exactly the same for me. Connection works, extensions sync works beautifully! It created all of my users in the PBX (wish I could decide a range tho).

However, when I add a contact in my Outlook, whether in the app or webapp, it does not appear in 3CX anywhere.

I did not test the calendar integration yet.
 
I tried the Calendar integration this morning.

When the event was set to "Out of office", 3CX was set to Away instead of DND (according to doc).

It did work tho. But the status was not reverted after event was over. Also, my IP phone did not receive the NOTIFY for enabling DND (using either CTI or CSTA).
 
Bump - still not working
 
I just run it on mine and after contact creation in outlook 10s later I was able to see it in my 3CX Web Client and iOS device. Where do you look to see the contact? In the PBX Contacts you can not see them...
 
Contacts aren't showing up anywhere - I have checked Windows softphone, Android App, Web Client, and desk phone LDAP (I'm assuming they're supposed to show up there, yes?). No contacts to be found anywhere.
 
which plan of office 365 do you run, so I can cross check here
 
I have Business Essentials here and not working anywhere.
 
Both plans should work, we'll get in touch with you to check it out.

Well, I recreated the app on Microsoft Office Dev and it works now. I see the contacts appear in the webclient. However, it would be nice that they show up in the admin console.
 
At the moment this are only the personal contacts, not global. So it makes sense that the contacts are not in the admin panel.
 
i have the error, that we have syncing fine messagein admin panel, all good - but... it does not show me all of my users from office365 :-) how do i find out, if he matches it right with the existing users ? when i say only sync these: i miss round about the half of all users from AD in office365
 
i have the error, that we have syncing fine messagein admin panel, all good - but... it does not show me all of my users from office365 :) how do i find out, if he matches it right with the existing users ? when i say only sync these: i miss round about the half of all users from AD in office365
do you create the App with an user which has in office 365 "Global Administrator" rights?
 
do you create the App with an user which has in office 365 "Global Administrator" rights?
yes, i did.

so i see not all my users.. but we already had some users matching the same email adress of courche, because we are using our 3CX :-)

but... when i click sync calender for this users: it does not allow me to see all my users, onlya few of them which are not in the 3cx and some who are...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.