• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

T29 DSSKeys (LINE) not blinking to receive external calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwest1

Gold Partner
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Site running on latest 3cx, SIP Trunk (can receive unlimited SC) and T29 yealink phones latest fw and default templates. Site raised me a question ensuring something changed a month or so ago. This admin also operated as receptionist in the past and he noticed that once ring group get a second call phones doesn't show DSSKey line blink for a second call, phone in a call doesn't get sound warning of a second call coming anymore. The only way they figured was if a cordless or other phone part of the same ring group was in the range to hear or if BLF of ring group members blinks together. If I duplicate with a webphone and add on the ring group I can hear a second call. Also I deploy a SNOM D785 and it didn't make a difference. Each phone DSSKEY has 1st 2 lights configured as LINE1, I want to see those light blinks every time there's a call coming. I attempt to change on phone web interface to Line1 and LINE2. As soon as I save Line disappear from device (I rolled back). Also whoever is part of the ring group and it's in an call they must hear a tone of a second call coming through the handset but isn't happening. Is that make sense? Any thoughts or similar experience? -- Cheers
 
Hi,

The active status of the user needs to have "Accept Multiple Calls" enabled, and the BLF settings in the management console for that extension need to have two line keys like so, and then reprovisioned
1614590898159.png

Then test it by calling the extension directly, and while in the active conversation, call it from a 2nd extension.
You should expect the 1st BLF on the phone to be lit stable green, and then 2nd BLF key flashing green during the 2nd incoming call.

Do NOT involve Ring Groups in this test, first ensure the functionality exactly as I describe above.

You should be on 3CX V16.0.8.9 and the T29 FW should be 46.83.0.130, please confirm this explicitly.
 
I set an available DID and set in a fresh T29 in my lab. Line Key (DSS config) match your config and extension assigned is configured to receive more than one calls. Phone and server matching the fw and release mentioned by you. This test match the result "1st BLF on the phone to be lit stable green, and then 2nd BLF key flashing green during the 2nd incoming call." however no tone about a second call coming over audio of the handset on current call
 
For the T27 there is a short tone every 10 seconds, while the 2nd line BLF is flashing. This of course should continue so long as your extension does not have a very short timeout to voicemail. As for the T29, I'm not sure it, it may be a model specific so may be worth checking with Yealink on this one.

PS: With regards to ring groups specifically, there is no expected behavior since we do not support multiple calls there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us