- Joined
- Oct 3, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi everyone,
I’m using 3CX SMB and successfully added a Telnyx SIP trunk approximately two weeks ago, possibly through the initial setup wizard. It works correctly and shows “Built-in Template: telnyx.pv.xml.”
I now want to add a second trunk from a friend’s separate Telnyx account. We want to share one 3CX system while keeping separate extensions, phone numbers, and Telnyx billing.
However, when I go to Voice & Chat → Add Trunk, Telnyx isn’t listed under USA. Under Worldwide, I only see Twilio.
I understand that SMB is restricted to approved “3CX Tested” templates, while Telnyx is listed as supported under a different testing category. What I don’t understand is why I could add it so recently but cannot add another now.
Thanks for any guidance.
I’m using 3CX SMB and successfully added a Telnyx SIP trunk approximately two weeks ago, possibly through the initial setup wizard. It works correctly and shows “Built-in Template: telnyx.pv.xml.”
I now want to add a second trunk from a friend’s separate Telnyx account. We want to share one 3CX system while keeping separate extensions, phone numbers, and Telnyx billing.
However, when I go to Voice & Chat → Add Trunk, Telnyx isn’t listed under USA. Under Worldwide, I only see Twilio.
I understand that SMB is restricted to approved “3CX Tested” templates, while Telnyx is listed as supported under a different testing category. What I don’t understand is why I could add it so recently but cannot add another now.
- Is there a difference between the providers available during initial setup and those available through Add Trunk?
- Can I reuse the existing Telnyx template for a second trunk with different SIP credentials?
- If this isn’t possible in SMB, what is the minimum deployment or edition that allows it?
Thanks for any guidance.