• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Trying to provision Avaya 9611g -- Stopped at step 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthornton

Free User
Joined
May 4, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Hello All,

I've got 10 Avaya 9611g phones that work great. Due to recent COVID lockdowns, we have decided to go with the cloud-based 3CX solution and now all my Avaya phones are useless. I would like to provision them on the 3CX system, but when I go here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/avaya-ip-phone-provisioning I'm getting stopped at the very first step:

  • Press Menu button
    ZH0oocfi519BIwO1OYxy04fDvrofKkrXyjHGFICn7BWZzTLPTVbO8QspnHabmP-tU9zPtUZUipTyUgC23r4TkuwxPqekqcQWoQv3kEzeyVWIpp7UZM2m_sLh93lN0_tkcQ
    and navigate to the “Administration …” menu
There is no "Administration ..." option in the menu. I have the following options:
  • Options & Settings
  • Network Information
  • VPN Settings
  • About Avaya IP Deskphone
When I go into each of them, there is no further option for "Administration ...".

Could someone help me with this please? My searches are coming up fruitless.

About Avaya IP Deskphone: Avaya Release 6.4014
Phone Model: 9611g (R41)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
As @Saqqara mentioned you need to have an SBC server or STUN provisioning availablity for phones remote to the PBX and those Avaya's cannot. If you are willing to upgrade phones, I would recommend Snom and Fanvils as a good go to. And if you are not familiar, you can use smartphone apps and/or webclients on desktops/laptops as a temporary option while acquiring new phones. Otherwise you would have to back trach to previous setup
 
Thank you so much! I guess no more time is needed to try and get this working. LOL

I did not realize that it couldn't be used with a cloud PBX.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock