• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unable to Dial out from a Grandstream HT812 analog telephone adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

candeconcretenm

Customer
Joined
Apr 7, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I used the following article to https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-ht-fxs/ to configure a brand new Grandstream HT812 analog telephone adapter for use with a legacy fax machine. I will note that I was not able to update the device to the lates firmware [1.0.45.2] or the previous firmware [1.0.41.2] because the device kept giving an error that the firmware file was to large. I was able to update it to firmware 1.0.39.4. Anyway, the incoming dialing works perfectly and I was able to receive a fax. However whenever I try and dial out with the fax machine or use an analog device to dial out inside of the 3CX PBX I am getting errors like this when I try and dial out with an analog device attached to the Grandstream HT812 analog telephone adapter

05/09/2023 4:02:30 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!
05/09/2023 4:01:40 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!
05/09/2023 3:56:05 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx29 can not be built!
05/09/2023 3:55:45 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!
05/09/2023 3:46:19 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!
05/09/2023 3:46:00 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!
05/09/2023 3:42:02 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!
05/09/2023 3:41:41 PM - [Flow] Target endpoint for xxxxxxx00 can not be built!

On the device itself I get either a fast busy signal or dial tone-break-dial tone when attempting to dial out.

I have reviewed the logs of the SIP Provider, Wiretap and it does not appear the calls are even reaching their system

Any help would be appreciated.
 
For the firmware, this is a known issue and the fix is to wipe it, don't reprovision with 3CX yet, set the firmware to the grandstream public server, update, then provision to 3CX. It's a known well documented issue.

For making the calls, review your outbound rules for this extension.
 
@candeconcretenm got to grandstream's firmware site and read their release notes. the information is there, and you can upgrade your device to the latest version 1.0.45.2.

If the call is not reaching the provider, the you probably don't have outbound rules that allow this extension to dial there.

But take care of the firmware first, just to be on the safe side since Grandstream has fixed a ton of things. And factory reset and reprovision to start with a clean slate (best practices)
 
Hi candeconcretenm. We're here to assist so let us know when you rebuild the ATA and start testing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us