• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unable to download XML file for provisioning Grandstream HT802

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMitchell

Customer
Advanced Certified
Joined
Aug 11, 2015
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I need to configure a HT802 ( using these instructions https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/grandstream-ht-fxs/ ) but am unable to download the XML file, I get security warning which is fine and say to keep the file and then I get a network error.
Our system is in AWS Lightsail
It is V18 (2)

I have tried to download the xml file in windows 11 chrome & firefox ( incl incogneto mode )
Windows 10 - Chrome
Ubuntu - Firefox
I have even tried from my home IP address.

I have a client still on 16 and I can download the XML with ease.
Am I missing something?

Cheers
John
Auckland NZ
 
Update - I have narrowed this down to
I can download if I set the provisioning method to SBC
I Can not download if I set the provisioning method to Local LAN

What a pain.

John
 
As your system is in the cloud , you have to setup the ht802 using sbc. - as you have mentioned you can download this xml file
 
Update - I have narrowed this down to
I can download if I set the provisioning method to SBC
I Can not download if I set the provisioning method to Local LAN

What a pain.

John

Exactly this. The file would be useless even if you were able to download it, because it would contain the wrong configuration.

As @Saqqara said, you need to install an SBC, and configure the HT802 in SBC mode, then download the file and upload it in your device.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock