Updated Live Chat, no longer receive visitor notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattH

New User
Joined
Jun 22, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi 3CX,

I've been using a rather outdate Live Chat for some time now and since updating this to the latest version a few days ago I no longer receive notifications of new visitors on the website. I've also been missing chats as those notifications don't always come through either.

Using a browser on a different machine to mimic a visitor.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt.
 
Hi @MattH,

Are you using the HTML code generator or the Wordpress plugin?
 
WordPress plugin, self hosted
 
Hi @MattH,

Which browser are you using? You mean the notification that pops up and says you have a new chat message?
 
I've tried multiple browsers with the same result. We used to get a notification sound when a visitor hit the website.
 

Attachments

  • newvisitor.JPG
    newvisitor.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi @MattH,

So in Chrome for example, have you checked Settings >> Privacy and Security >> Site Settings >> Notifications >> Made sure your website is on the allowed list and there is still no sound playing?
 
Yes permissions are good. I get a notification bubble and sound when a chat opens but nothing when a new visitor arrives.
 
We used to receive a notification sound for new visitors. Also see the setting highlighted in screenshot...?
 

Attachments

  • newvisitor.JPG
    newvisitor.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 7
@MattH
The wording for that checkbox may indeed be misleading however it is actually to enable/disable sound notifications for newly initiated chats and not for website visitors.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock