V16.0.910-PUSH not working on any phones running 3CX app

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenedBy

SOHO User
Joined
Jul 13, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
2
I have a new installation of 3CX running externally on AWS EC2.
Since installing, last week, I have not managed to have PUSH working on any mobile phones, Android or iPhone for external calls.

I will choose two users as an example:
Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: Samsung 9 Plus
Phone Model: iPhone X (10)

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Connection: WiFi & 4G
Server: External (AWS EC2)

When we make internal calls PUSH seems to work fine on both Android and iPhones - if the 3CX app is not active an internal call triggers the app and the user can answer.

However, it is not the case for external calls.
I have set up a ring group consisting of 3 mobile phones running the 3CX app and 2 IP phones. When an external call comes in the two IP phones ring but none of the mobiles running the 3CX app ring. But if a user has the 3CX app open and it has focus the user sees the call and can answer it.

Also, if we pick up the call on the IP phone then try and transfer it to a mobile phone running the 3CX app we have the same response - no PUSH and the user can't pick the call up unless they have the 3CX app open with focus. But if we transfer an internal call the PUSH does seem to work - the phone rings when the app is in the background.

I have set up a Google Firebase project and added the server key and sender ID and reprovisioned the 3CX apps on users' phones but there is no change in the behaviour.

I have spent 2 days trying to look into this and have not found a solution. I would really appreciate if someone might be able to point me in a direction to do more troubleshooting please.
 
Hi Vinessen,

What VoIP provider are you using?
 
Hello JohnS, im using BelgiumVOIP.
We bought 3CX from them.
Best regards,
Vinessen
 
I would suggest to run a capture on your system, and call your DID from an outside number.

Check the FROM: in your capture, and see what your provider sends to the PBX

From: "Customer Name" <sip:17770000000@callcentric.com:5060>

or

From: <sip:callcentric.com:5060>


See if the "Display name" or "User Part" is missing from those calls
 
Hello Dear,

Here is the log obtained:

sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=1-9a4313d11bfa4447a96617b5ee44ba3f SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 127.0.0.1:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---fb345814b771e029;rport=5060
Max-Forwards: 69
Contact: <sip:[email protected]:5060>
To: <sip:[email protected]>
From: "0023059883942"<sip:[email protected]:5060;nf=e>;tag=7e706823
Call-ID: OPHitZdO6M4bXDBBtuLAHA..
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Alert-Info: <http://www.notused.invalidtld>;info=external
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE, UPDATE
Content-Type: application/sdp
Supported: replaces, timer
Content-Length: 411

v=0
o=3cxPS 223673843712 121433489409 IN IP4 127.0.0.1
s=3cxPS Audio call
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
t=0 0
m=audio 8008 RTP/AVP 0 8 9 3 18 112 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000
a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=fmtp:18 annexb=no
a=rtpmap:112 opus/48000/2
a=fmtp:112 maxplaybackrate=16000;sprop-maxcapturerate=16000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=sendrecv

The phone did not ring on iphone but rang on PC App.

Best regards,

Vinessen
 
This is also linked i guess:


Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 178.32.44.164:5090;rport;branch=3cxtnl-iPhoneTID-1
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 127.0.0.1:5060;rport=5060;received=178.32.44.164;branch=z9hG4bK-524287-1---fb345814b771e029
Call-ID: OPHitZdO6M4bXDBBtuLAHA..
From: "0023059883942" <sip:[email protected]:5060;nf=e>;tag=7e706823
To: <sip:[email protected]>;tag=2a4869f4a0ea4bcb86cabb0c132cf034
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Contact: "Jonathan PISTON" <sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=1-9a4313d11bfa4447a96617b5ee44ba3f>
Allow: PRACK, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, REFER, MESSAGE, OPTIONS
Content-Length: 0

Best regards,

VInessen
 
Well I have great news to report. It seems our issue was because the "From" information was not being sent by or VoIP provider. Now they have corrected that for us PUSH is working on both Android and iPhone devices.
 
@OpenedBy Thanks for sharing that. I've asked my VOIP provider to check.:)
 
@Vinessen You are welcome. If that doesn't prove to be the solution for you then the best option would be to open a support ticket with 3CX. Sadly it is a paid service at USD 75 per ticket. That's what I did. I am hoping the 3CX team can note somewhere in the public space that if the VoIP provider is not sending "From" data then PUSH will not work.
 
Hi Vinessen,

The log shows what the PBX (127.0.0.1) sends to the phone, instead what you want to see is what the provider sends to the PBX. You can run a capture instead so you can see the provider invite towards your public ip
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,969
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon