• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

V18 build 1142

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy60

Customer
Basic Certified
Joined
Apr 26, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Just testing V18 all been working fine for the last two weeks until i upgraded the firmware on my Yealinks T54-W to version 96.86.0.5 I now have X4 T54-W phones that will not support DTMF locally to an intercom however they work fine with my Snom phones and Yealink W56H.
 
Hi @galaxy60

Supported intercom or other? Please share some more details and also tell us how you determined the DTMF is not being delivered please
 
Hi @galaxy60

Supported intercom or other? Please share some more details and also tell us how you determined the DTMF is not being delivered please
Hi John,

Im afraid its not a support intercom however it has been working fine with 3CX for the last seven years (Zenitel TCIS4 Turbine) the DTMF toggles a relay however the phone worked fine prior to the firmware upgrade with the intercom. I have restarted the 3CX server. The phones do work fine using a SIP trunk.
 
By default we support DTMF using RFC2833. Our supported doorphones/intercoms do allow this and they have been tested to work in V18

I suggest to check your intercom, and ensure that it has DTMF mode configured to RFC2833 and see if that helps.
 
By default we support DTMF using RFC2833. Our supported doorphones/intercoms do allow this and they have been tested to work in V18

I suggest to check your intercom, and ensure that it has DTMF mode configured to RFC2833 and see if that helps.
I will check when I am back in the office. Like i said it working just fine using the Snom 821, Snom 720 and Snom 725 including the W56H just not with the T54W
 
That does not tell us why however, so I would suggest the following test to collect more data:

1. Factory reset the T54W
2. Reprovision it from the Phones page automatically
3. Start a capture from the Yealink phone's web UI
4. Repeat the the test like before (intercom calls phone)
5. Once more (phone calls intercom this time)

Stop the capture and save it on your PC. This will tell us exactly what happened during the call session in both directions.
 
Just found this thread via Google, I have just discovered that after upgrading my users T54W's to 96.86.0.5 DTMF seems to be broken.
PBX Version: 16.0.8.9
Attempted factory reset with no result
Tested from multiple handsets.
Can no longer sign into voicemail, hotdesks, or use Digital Receptionist menu's locally.

Had a user on the older firmware version test, and it seemed fine for her. (96.85.0.5).

The templates are the same between working and non-working handsets, the firmware version is the only difference I have found so far.
 
@ProudCanadian indeed that doesn't sound right, try dialling into voicemail or Digital Receptionists from a different model, or from a 3CX client and confirm that DTMF works on the PBX first before anything else.

I don't think it's the phone because I've tested one here using defaults and I can see DTMF going through just fine (IVR, DR, and VMail). Also, if you factory reset the phone correctly, it should have RFC2833 as it's default DTMF mode which is fully supported 100%. This could change if someone manually edits the phone settings, or the 3CX templates.. but other than that it should work as expected.

Please start a new thread if you have issues, as this thread only pertains to V18 Alpha which is not ready for production yet
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us