• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

VALCOM Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgottschalk

SOHO User
Basic Certified
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Figured I'd check with the community to see if anyone has had this issue and how they resolved it.

I have a Model 821 , Trunk : Enhanced Network Trunk (FXO) Port going to a Valcom PA. It stopped working all of a sudden and I have not been able to get it back online still. Any suggestions you might have would be great. I notice it is sending the register packet using a local IP when the system is remote. I need it to pass the public IP.
 
Hi,

Even though we cannot provide help with unsupported devices, I can say that your observation already answered your question: A remote device cannot send a local IP and still be expected to work.

I think you will need to find a way to make it send the correct IP, and usually SIP devices have a STUN mode to detect the public IP and pass it along. This would also require the correct port forwards for SIP/RDP so the traffic from the device is not impeded. You could look at the documentation for hints towards that, or contact the manufacturer for help in this case.

Alternatively, why not consider an already supported PA system?
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe