Visual Chat Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlehman

Customer
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Is it possible to have a visual notification of new chat messages using the webclient/plugin in? The chat features look great, but the audible notification isn't sufficient in my environment. I couldn't find any settings for this, but could be missing it.
 
hello @jlehman ,

Can you please elaborate a bit more please.

In the same post you mixed up webclient with plugin. I would like to understand your case with real-life example if it is possible.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JLSeagull
Sure, if a phone operator is at their desk taking calls and a new chat message comes in they do not get any kind of visual notification unless they are sitting with the chat screen open in the web client. I was asking if there was a way to have a visual notification appear either through the web client by itself or with the plug in installed. I was expecting something like the taskbar flash that many apps use for notification or a pop up. Really anything visual that would inform the user that a new message has come in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JLSeagull
I'd like to ask for something in same domain your asking is, for example when you receive chat contacts during OOH , i'm using windows app , in chat, all content received are with alphanumeric identifier.

I got only 4 but if instead of having alphanumeric ID it was the name the person provide, it could be easier to find it .
1608304253931.png
So my question is , is it normal chat behavior or is there something misconfigurated on my install?
If not, could it be possible to improve this in future release?
 
Last edited:
@aws2p ,

Thank you for your feedback. This is something that will be addressed at later stage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JLSeagull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe