• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Vitelity Provider Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful!! Asterisk managed to break all basic rules of SIP protocol!!

Briefly: they have Asterisk as SIP server. In response to REGISTER it replies first 100 Trying which (sic!)
(1) HAS A CONTACT!
(2) this Contact doesn't match one you're trying to register (!!),
THAN it replies with 200 OK WITHOUT Contact!!!

We will never support such "interpretation" of standards. See RFC 3261, 10.3, Step 8 of processing registration request.

(Aside) Halea, where're your laughing engineers? I have good piece of artwork to laugh at for them.

Ok, I am assuming that means Vitelity with this is essentially a no-go then.

For those of you have got Vitelity working, is there anything special you changed or tweaked, or which servers are you using to register?

Would appreciate the help! Thanks!

Correct Vitelity configuration

I started playing with 3cx over the weekend and battled the configuration for Vitelity. I was getting the same error: CHANUNAVAIL

Vitelity has a configuration to email you when an inbound call fails. The notification said CHANUNAVAIL and noted this is normally caused by the connection to the inbound server not working. (Usually because the PBX hasn't registered for inbound calls with Vitelity.)

I finally got it figured out... The specification for inbound/outbound server is opposite of what I thought would make sense. See attached image. 3cx doesn't register when configured for Vitelity the way you would think it should work. The key is that Outbound Proxy Hostname should be inbound2.vitelity.net

I hope this helps someone else.

Cheers,
Tim

Attachments

• VitelityConfig.png
    VitelityConfig.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,110
Reactions: sjp_crs
Thanks for the tips, Tim

You'd not expect the name of an outbound proxy server to be called inbound.

We do recommend that users stick to the tested VoIP providers as we have prepared the templates such that all you have to do is fill in the details.

In any case glad that it is working for you now

This problem actually doesn't have anything to do with the addresses used for the SIP server or Outbound proxy. Vitelity will let you use the single sip address for both fields or you can use the seperate inbound and outbound addresses for more flexability. No matter which configuration you use you will need to go to the Advanced tab of the VOIP proivder configuration and modify the registration settings. Change the "Require registration for:" field to "In and Outgoing Calls".

This setting will cause the phone system to send your registration information to Vitelity for both incoming and outgoing calls. This is required per the instructions on Vitelity's support site.

As for the names of the Vitelity addresses...they make sense if you think of them from Vitelity's perspective :)

Would you believe this post helped me fix my inbound problem in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.