• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

WH66 status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peoplet

Forum User
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I was wondering what the WH66 (or WH67) was like. What works and what doesn't work on the WH66?

Hi there!

At least for the time being, the Yealink headset integration extends only to the headset features you mentioned.

The rest of the points you mentioned, like phonebook and the Caller ID display, would need a deeper integration.

@eneit - Thanks for the reply, its greatly appreciated.

@NickD_3CX - I kind of guessed but thought I would ask what others where experiencing first.

CameraControlError.PNG

Have to love this one!! When I'm using my desktop I use the Yealink UVC30 camera and the WH66 headset. I have the latest firmware on the Camera 105.422.0.10 and Headset 125.432.0.5 and the latest 3CX App Installed 3CXDesktopApp-18.8.508.

The only way I can get the 3CX app to recognize the WH66 headset for control functions is by unplugging the Yealink camera.

Anyone else having this issue or know a work around for the 3CX app to recognize the headset for control over the camera?

We use a couple of WH66 with 3CX and Windows Desktop App (note: not the "old" client).

It works pretty good for telephony and I think our people are happy with it. It do not use it myself though.

What does work in UC Mode (you can switch from Teams Mode to UC-Mode in the settings):
  • When called, answer the call by simply lifting the headset from the dock, or pressing the Button on the headset when you're already wearing the headset, to answer the call.
  • Use the built in dial pad to call someone
  • All available actions on the first screenshot
  • and All available actions on the second screenshot
  • Teams integration is still decent, so you can call from the teams app and it will show who is called and you can put them on hold and so on.
Note, this is with the currently available latest firmware-version 125.431.0.30.

What does NOT work, but is sometimes requested by our users, is:
  • It does not show the number you called or the number which called you on the display. It only says "PC-Softphone". You have to open the 3cx App to show who you're speaking with.
    Only time this works is when using the dial pad on the WH66.
  • There's no possibility to actions like starting a second call or do transfer.
  • There's also no contact selection possible. The WH66 does have a phone book, but as far as i can see you can only create local contacts (stored on the WH66) there.
You say in your post that you were able to hey the built in dial pad to work. How were you able to get it to work for dialing out. I can not get this to work and yealink support is stating that the dial pad is not supported.

You say in your post that you were able to hey the built in dial pad to work. How were you able to get it to work for dialing out. I can not get this to work and yealink support is stating that the dial pad is not supported.
I have same issue !

I have the same issue. It appears that the base that comes in the WH66 Dual UC and the base that comes in the WH66 Dual Teams headsets are identical devices. Both boxes have base model WHB660. The only difference I noted is that the ones in the in the "UC" box came with the "Platform" preset as UC, while the others came with the Platform preset as "Teams". Both bases I received will allow the platform to be switched back and forth, but neither will only allow you to set the PC Call Device as "PC Softphone Teams".

I have the same issue. It appears that the base that comes in the WH66 Dual UC and the base that comes in the WH66 Dual Teams headsets are identical devices. Both boxes have base model WHB660. The only difference I noted is that the ones in the in the "UC" box came with the "Platform" preset as UC, while the others came with the Platform preset as "Teams". Both bases I received will allow the platform to be switched back and forth, but neither will only allow you to set the PC Call Device as "PC Softphone Teams".
...neither will allow you to set the PC Call Device as anything other than "PC Softphone Teams"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.