What happens to M365 synced contacts when the sync is disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robilletjes

Forum User
Advanced Certified
Joined
Mar 27, 2023
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Hi!

Apologies if this was asked before already. I have a customer with m365 integration to sync contacts of a shared mailbox to the company phonebook. If I were to disable the sync, what would happen to the contacts? Would they disappear automatically or do I have to remove them manually? Thanks!
 
Hi!

Apologies if this was asked before already. I have a customer with m365 integration to sync contacts of a shared mailbox to the company phonebook. If I were to disable the sync, what would happen to the contacts? Would they disappear automatically or do I have to remove them manually? Thanks!
I believe they stay there until you clear them via the bulk delete (same for CRM imported contacts.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: robilletjes
I believe they stay there until you clear them via the bulk delete (same for CRM imported contacts.)
Thank you! I'll give it a shot. If it turns out different I'll let you know :)
 
Yes the contacts will remain in the 3CX Phonebook until you manually delete them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: robilletjes
This was indeed the case. Contacts stayed untill I deleted them manually. 3cx even has a handy feature called "delete m365 contacts in bulk". Very useful. Thanks all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.