• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Wireless door entry - is this a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabetic

3CX MVP
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
6,619
Reaction score
2,633
throwing this out there.

is there such a thing as a wireless door entry pad that will work with 3CX?

scenario - only power exists at location.

Graded building so cannot be touched.
 
I think that would be far fetched, it can probably be done without 3CX.

But if you really wanted to and only had power, then this maybe:

LTE >> SBC >> Fanvil Doorphone or Fanvil PA2 >> SIP call >> type DTMF >> activate door relay
 
You're right, that does sound OTT.

I'll look at GSM intercoms.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Could a Wifi access point be placed nearby (directional antenna?), so that the door device could use a Wifi client?
 
What about a powerline adapter to get ethernet there?
 
A wireless intercom, or a 2 wire adapter might work?

2 wire adapters covert ethernet with POE to 2 wire, so you can use them over COAX or phone cable (distance limitations apply of course).. or old power cable, if you could isolate the cable and get to both ends of it.
 
Those Ethernet to 2 wire adapters clock in at several hundred dollars. As suggested you'd be better off making use of an Ethernet over AC powerline adapter. You don't require the latest (and most expensive) high speed units used for streaming movies. I've seen older units, in the UK, sold for 10 to 20 pounds for a set. I think I picked up a set of 110/220 volt unit for 5 pounds clearance, at Dixons, several years ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock