WP Live Chat Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElitaS

New User
Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
I am a new subscriber and have added the Live Chat to my Wordpress website. I want to open the chat box by clicking a button on my web page but I do not have Gutenberg Blocks. I am using UX Builder (with the Flatsome theme). I tried to add an HTML block using the information from the code generator but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions? TIA
 
Hi!

I am not sure I understand the problem you are having.

Is it:
  • You can't get the Live Chat to appear with the press of a button?
    OR
  • The Live Chat bubble appears, but it is not working?
 
Sorry for the confusion. The Live Chat bubble only shows at the bottom right position. It can be clicked on to open the chat. I would rather be able to click on a button I've created in the middle of the page and have the Live Chat open. As I am not using Gutenberg, I can't work out how/where to add the appropriate code to create the trigger somewhere other than the default positions.
 
Sorry for the confusion. The Live Chat bubble only shows at the bottom right position. It can be clicked on to open the chat. I would rather be able to click on a button I've created in the middle of the page and have the Live Chat open. As I am not using Gutenberg, I can't work out how/where to add the appropriate code to create the trigger somewhere other than the default positions.
Thanks for clearing that up, so the actual functionality works while in the default positions, you just want add a trigger.
OK, clear.

As I am not that savvy with Web Design, I'm not sure, but from the few things I do know, have you tried using the Code-Generator, place the code inside a HTML Element, then maybe somehow with JS make it appear/disappear?
 
I have used the Code Generator, placed the code inside of a HTML element, but nothing happens. I have also downloaded callus.js, though I have no idea where to put that or how to use it.
 
I have also downloaded callus.js, though I have no idea where to put that or how to use it.
You don't actually need to download it I belive, you can just use the CDN option to reference it.
 
I'll try again.
 
OK, so I am going to set this idea aside for the moment because I have a bigger issue. The usual chat button, in the bottom right corner, is greyed out, despite the hours being correct. Should I start a new thread to inquire on that?
 
Thanks to NickD, I got the usual chat button working. Now going back to the original problem, I need to be able to click on a button I've created in the middle of the page and have the Live Chat open. I am not using Gutenberg blocks because support is reportedly going away for GB in 2022. I can't work out how/where to add the appropriate code to create the trigger somewhere other than the default positions. Could someone please tell me how to do it with UX Builder? Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon