• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Allow all Variables in all email templates

TSlocum

Customer
Reaction score
Currently, there are specific variables to each specific email template. All the variables should be available to all the email templates. For example, you can't add %%EXTFIRSTNAME%% %%EXTLASTNAME%% to the Emergency call template.

Upvote 52
Makes total sense; variables should not be context sensitive in email templates. Having them the same in all makes documentation easy, currently its a guessing game which is just horrible for usability.

TOTALLY AGREE!
I wanted to add Extension First and Last name also to our 911 template but could not. Getting an email notification is awesome but only having the extension number is kind of lame. We are a construction company and I have a rule that forwards 911 emails to our safety manager. It would be very helpful to him to be able to see who called 911 by more than just the extension number, of which we have about 300.

I asked support about it, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they redirected me here to suggest it...

I'm bumping this to bring attention to it. It still doesn't make sense that we can't do this.

AGREE!!
I want to know how long a caller was in queue before they hung up - but %%WAITINGTIME%% doesn't work! :mad:

Reactions: CodeTwo
+1
Surprised this isn't possible. The whole point of variables is to allow easy customization. Please make all variables available in the templates!
Half of the email templates are almost useless without this.

Reactions: XanthiZ_3CX
I recently ran into this with the emergency call template. When I'm not in the office, I don't remember which store is which extension. I need those names!

+1

TOTALLY AGREE!
I wanted to add Extension First and Last name also to our 911 template but could not. Getting an email notification is awesome but only having the extension number is kind of lame. We are a construction company and I have a rule that forwards 911 emails to our safety manager. It would be very helpful to him to be able to see who called 911 by more than just the extension number, of which we have about 300.

I asked support about it, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and they redirected me here to suggest it...

This would be very helpful. Our current workaround is to view the extension number provided in the email, then open the 3CX app on smartphone and dial the extension to cause name to be displayed. It would be much more efficient to include the name in the email.

+1

Any word if this is in v16? Still finding release notes and have not loaded the beta up in a VM yet.

+1 Better support on email templates

+1
Really need this supported - adding extension name to the emergency number template would save a lot of confusion.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.