• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx free edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4SC Std. Annual is free of charge, therefore it is the best option. So let it expire, it switches to 4SC Std. Annual and you can continue using it for free without the need to pay maintenance. The 4SC Std. Annual free offer is valid till end of 2018, then we will see further.

The 4SC Std. Annual is free of charge, therefore it is the best option. So let it expire, it switches to 4SC Std. Annual and you can continue using it for free without the need to pay maintenance. The 4SC Std. Annual free offer is valid till end of 2018, then we will see further.
The old scheme until v.15 was better -- there was a demo key non-expiring, which was unlocking 2 SC pro edition -- enough to test full functionality of the PBX or use it at home. Can't you revert to this model instead of the whole mess with PBX edition (gone, sake God), free annual standard edt. licenses for first year, 4 SC annual initially announced as free, one week later -- limited till the end of 2018. It's perplexing.

There have been quite some changes recently but we just simplified the concept. The old 2SC Pro Version was not really made for companies as 2SC is simply not enough. It was just a test key. The former PBX Edition and actual 16SC Std. Annual are not test keys, these are fully functional keys to provide a fully featured PBX to customers free of charge. We want customers to use 3CX for their communication needs and not some sort of proprietary solution. So we want to increase our customer base in order to generate more business, for us and for our partners. We came to the conclusion that the PBX Edition did a good job to reach this goal, but because of limitations in features we are thinking to get more customers with the new 16SC Std. Annual. No other player in the market provides a PBX for up to 50 users for free the first year and low renewal costs.
Of course we can't provide a 16SC licence free for ever. Therefore we created the 4SC Std. Annual as fall back if the customer doesn't want to pay the annual renewal fee for the 16SC. With the 4SC Std. Annual at least we keep the customer on 3CX. We will see how it goes this year, therefore we keep the 4SC Std. Annual for free at least till end of 2018. We can't say for ever because we would cut our freedom to make decisions then and shoot ourselves in the foot.

Anyways the 16SC Std. Annual provides very good selling opportunities and recurring revenue. And it is easy to upsell to Pro Edition for only 149 EUR. There's simply no better offer in the market.

I hope this clarifies this topic.

I am a free license user that got a e-mail that said I can get another free year. The 3CX server updated and I see my license is extended to Dec. 2018, but my Let's Encrypt Name.3cx.us certificate do no renew. Just want to check if something is broken or if the certificate is only for 1st year unless you pay, and to continue with the free license you MUST switch you your own domain and your own SSL?

Hello @John Mak

As long as your maintenance is active the certificate for your FQDN should auto renew. Since maintenance is still valid we will need to investigate why the certificate did not renew.
Are you getting an error regarding the certificate renewal?

Reactions: John Mak
Thanks for the follow up, after I updated the server I also enable daily auto update and at 4:43am I got email notification that it go renewed.

SSLAutoRenew_preview.png

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.