3CX phone for Android problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rémy Faure-Vincent

Joined
Dec 4, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
We recently deployed around 20 Samsung Galaxy Xcover for use with our new 3CX phone system, and they have been randomly unable to receive calls even after re-doing the entire Firebase configuration and checking twice that everything should be running fine.
  • "no network" issue (while phone is running over reliable 4G mobile access)
  • phone that doesn't ring at all, or does so a minute later (probably when finally acknowledging the firebase push)
  • touchscreen accepting input from users' ear while on a call (what is the proximity sensor option for, really ?)
  • application not restarting properly when asked to quit or quit without push
  • application not coming to front when call is received on some phones (only the notification appears)
  • calls take one to several seconds to be connected when touching the accept button
  • bluetooth headsets have audio and microphone routing issues, not working at all in most cases
we tried a variety of solutions including switching from wifi to 4G, removing the lockscreen pattern, automating an application restart every minute but none worked reliably.

all the phones are running the same official Samsung Android build, with all Samsung system apps disabled via Gsuite admin (ensuring a nearly pure Android OS), with the same lack of restrictions.

Please take a look at Zoiper for something that works and take example.

We are extremely disappointed in this system, given that we switched to those smartphones because our old Aastra DECTs "have not been tested" by 3CX and thus are "incompatible".

We would also appreciate the application to be allowed for install on Chromebooks, since it is still locked out on the Play Store.

I am available for any inquiry and/or test on our deployment, before we switch back to the reliable SIP/DECT solution we had before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nitrox
The problem with the Tunnel was not only related with the SRTP setting.
Having the Tunnel activated on a non secured setup has also resulted in a less stable system.
 
Hello @Severin Meyer,

The problem with the Tunnel was not only related with the SRTP setting.
Having the Tunnel activated on a non secured setup has also resulted in a less stable system.

Please indicate your issue
Thank you
 
As we have discussed this already in PMs in the other thread, with activated Tunnel I was only get about each 10th call on the mobile (Not ringing at all). Disabling the Tunnel had made the system much more stable.
Also the roundtrip delay on tunnel was about 50ms worthier than without.
So I think, its always worth a try about checking the system without the Tunnel activated.
 
As we have discussed this already in PMs in the other thread, with activated Tunnel I was only get about each 10th call on the mobile (Not ringing at all). Disabling the Tunnel had made the system much more stable.
Also the roundtrip delay on tunnel was about 50ms worthier than without.
So I think, its always worth a try about checking the system without the Tunnel activated.


I suggest to contact 3CX support department as through forum's conversations we cannot find any solution.

Thank you
 
We still experiencing the same problem in our P9 and P10 lite: no calls after a period of inactivity (1-2 hours). I disable all kind of app killer settings and energy savings on the system with no results.
Rebooting the phone does not work.
Only reopening the app works, for 1 hour.
Dear 3CX client android programmers, are you forgetting something important, like periodically refreshing some google Firebase tokens every hour?
 
We still experiencing the same problem in our P9 and P10 lite: no calls after a period of inactivity (1-2 hours). I disable all kind of app killer settings and energy savings on the system with no results.
Rebooting the phone does not work.
Only reopening the app works, for 1 hour.
Dear 3CX client android programmers, are you forgetting something important, like periodically refreshing some google Firebase tokens every hour?

There's a lot of work in progress going on in regards to fixing PUSH issues with the 3CX Client app at the moment. We're reviewing the way we use PUSH in much more depth. You can expect improvements on this in the next few months.
 
Leonidas, thanks for your feedback.
It is important to know which features can be guaranteed.
We have several customers that don't have problems to pay extra money to use more stable push service. Did you consider firebase alternatives? https://pushy.me/

Regards,
 
@LeonidasG would it be possible to add an option to let the app continuously registered to the server while in background? This will lead to severe battery drain, sure, but we have smartphones dedicated to 3CX on WiFi and no SIM card, the battery should last at least 12 hours.
If it's always registered, the PUSH issue won't be so relevant. Thanks.
 
Is there any update to this? I have the same issues with push notifications... Not getting calls when app is in background.

Please advise. Thank you!
 
As per my previous reply, we're still working on PUSH improvements.
In the next few releases, you'll be seeing a dramatic improvement.

For users who's PUSH isn't working AT ALL, this is something different and unrelated to what we're discussing here. If PUSH isn't working AT ALL for you, you'll need to follow this guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/

1) You can either create a new Firebase Project
or
2) Completely remove any Firebase credentials from your 3CX PBX > Settings > 3CX Client > PUSH. This will force your PBX to use the in-built public firebase account that should work perfectly fine.

A 3CX Config Service restart may be required.
 
I've been using version 340 for the past few days, mostly for inbound calls, and it just works.
Even if I didn't open the app in days, inbound call dialog appear fine and works properly. Good job!

Now we'll see if we are able to answer calls via bluetooth handsfree while driving, this was the other pain point.
 
I've been using version 340 for the past few days, mostly for inbound calls, and it just works.
Even if I didn't open the app in days, inbound call dialog appear fine and works properly. Good job!

Now we'll see if we are able to answer calls via bluetooth handsfree while driving, this was the other pain point.

Thanks, we worked pretty hard on the last few versions. The app should be running extremely well already, There's still a few more things to be improved, you'll be noticing these improvements soon.

The bluetooth part will be wonky for a short while longer unfortunately, but in a couple of 3CX Client versions from now will soon be working well and better than intended for Android 8.0+ users thanks to Android's CallKit features.
 
Hi,
I'm using 3CX mobile for Android with Huawei P20 Pro. I have 2 issues:
- incoming calls not working after a few hours of inactivity
- notifications appear even in communication, which is boring (bip in the loudspeacker every 5-10 seconds and notification "connected" on the screen)
I have this issues with integrated Firebase parameters and with my own Firebase parameters

I tried heartbeat fixer for GCM to keep the session alive, but nothing better.

This is a problem for me, but this is a problem for my clients to whom I install 3CX solution. It seems this problem is only for Huawei smartphones. No problem with OnePLus for example. What could I do?

Thanks !
 
Hi,
I'm using 3CX mobile for Android with Huawei P20 Pro. I have 2 issues:
- incoming calls not working after a few hours of inactivity
- notifications appear even in communication, which is boring (bip in the loudspeacker every 5-10 seconds and notification "connected" on the screen)
I have this issues with integrated Firebase parameters and with my own Firebase parameters

I tried heartbeat fixer for GCM to keep the session alive, but nothing better.

This is a problem for me, but this is a problem for my clients to whom I install 3CX solution. It seems this problem is only for Huawei smartphones. No problem with OnePLus for example. What could I do?

Thanks !

Nothing much for the moment unfortunately.
We are making major changes to how we use PUSH registration in both the PBX and mobile devices. In the next version of the 3CX PBX and Mobile Clients there should be a noticeable improvement to the issues you've mentioned above.

Eventually these issues will cease to exist in the next few versions as soon as this part is redesigned.
 
  • Like
Reactions: barbae
I am having this issue too. 3CX android clients not ringing after period of inactivity. Is there an update since your last post in May?
 
Yes, you'll be seeing a major revamp for PUSH in SP6. It's been completely redesigned.
 
Is there an approximate timeline for reaching the milestone of a public release?
 
  • Like
Reactions: LD1
Yes, you'll be seeing a major revamp for PUSH in SP6. It's been completely redesigned.
This is great news. I have the same question as @Ben. What's timeline for SP6?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,967
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon