• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

3CX SBC update to 18.0.30 and phone not provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenvoip

Bronze Partner
Joined
Feb 23, 2021
Messages
107
Reaction score
12
I added a new Grandstream GXP2170 to our system. PBX is hosted in AWS and current SBC version is 18.0.27. The phone appears, but I am not able to provision it, nor am I able to upgrade its firmware. If I manually provision the phone from its GUI, it works without issue, but still cannot upgrade firmware. I noticed that 18.0.30 SBC beta was available, but I am also not able to upgrade it. Nothing happens when I tell it to upgrade. SBC is Raspberry PI 4. Any ideas?
 
Hi @sevenvoip

The 3CX automated firmware update relies on the following:

- The firmware on the device is not so old that it automatically rejects the recent firmware
- The phone must be able to reach your PBX over HTTPS. The ability to make calls does not count as proof
- You must be using our default templates (custom templates may cause issues)


How to troubleshoot:

1. Before anything, check if the phone firmware is too old (vs our current version 1.0.11.35) you should visit the manufacturers website and read instructions on how to upgrade gradually step by step to a version closer to the one we support. They usually tell you this in their release notes

2. Check that the phone can actually reach the PBX. If you blocked their internet connection, the SBC may be able to see them (and calls are possible if manually provisioned), but they will not be able to provision or download firmware

3. In case you were using custom templates, remove them temporarily and try provisioning with our default ones
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock