- Joined
- Jul 21, 2010
- Messages
- 15
- Reaction score
- 0
I was a big fan of SipAgent and I'm hoping 3CXPhone can improve on its architecture. I have a few bugs to report and some concerns to voice so I figured this forum is the best place to voice my views.
My Setup
Hardware: Nexus One
Software: V2.2 (Froyo) Build FRF91 (unrooted)
VoIP Config: N1+3CXPhone+ipcomms+GV Dialer+GoogleVoice
Concerns
Bugs
Feature Requests
That's all I can think of for now.
I'm looking forward to seeing how 3CXPhone evolves :mrgreen: .
My Setup
Hardware: Nexus One
Software: V2.2 (Froyo) Build FRF91 (unrooted)
VoIP Config: N1+3CXPhone+ipcomms+GV Dialer+GoogleVoice
Concerns
- No Changelog to 3CXPhone versions published in Market
- If someone sends an email to the Market email listed, reply. I sent an email asking for a changelog and got nothing. Even a redirect to here would have been better than nothing.
- Direct people to this forum and not just your generic VoIP page that's not specific to Android
Bugs
- This bug not present for v1.1.13
When in vibrate mode, 3CXPhone doesn't vibrate for an incoming call and it rings through speaker - This bug not present for v1.1.13
When in vibrate mode, 3CXPhone still outputs sound when pressing numbers on keypad - 3CXPhone keypad screen -> Menu button -> Profiles -> Menu button results in 3CXPhone showing a constant "Waiting for profile, please be patient" popup with no end in sight if a user doesn't push a button. Luckily using the back button exits this
- When first opening 3CXPhone (process started in Android) with my current VoIP config audio out works but audio in doesn't. (i.e. Caller on the other end can hear me but I can't hear them). Once you end the call and retry audio in/out typically works. Issue not always repeatable and doesn't only occur when first opening 3CXPhone.
- This bug not present for 3CXPhone v1.1.10
The following was a SipAgent bug but I don't have the ability to test 3G and Wifi together like I used to:- Set your cell to use 3G
- Open 3CXPhone with a profile that has Enable 3G checked
- Receive a 3G SIP call to make sure 3CXPhone is working ok
- Hide 3CXPhone by hitting Home button
- Turn Wifi On, which should turn 3G off
- 3CXPhone still has the green icon in status.
- Attempt to receive a Wifi SIP call. Nothing comes through. I tried several times.
- Quit 3CXPhone and reopen it
- Attempt to receive a WiFi SIP call and now it works.
Same thing happens when going from WiFi to 3G
- 3CXPhone hijacks the physical volume buttons when it is in the background and doesn't allow a user to change the media volume with their volume controls. I don't mind if 3CXPhone does this in the foreground but it shouldn't do this in the background.
Feature Requests
- The button to change from earpiece to speaker phone is not obvious. Many users will probably think that there is no way to switch from Earpiece to Speaker to Bluetooth. I recommend that you make that button look like the other buttons on the keypad. No point in showing the word Available. Instead of On Hook maybe Registered/UnRegistered/Ringing/Connected
- If call comes in while user is in Profile settings, take the user to the accept call screen automatically, and once call is done, return user to Profile settings page.
- Add a Mute button. Maybe this and hold button can be linked. (i.e press hold button and prompted for mute or hold
- When you press the menu button in the main 3CXPhone screen, don't use grey text/icons since in most software greyed out buttons/text equates to an unclickable button
That's all I can think of for now.
I'm looking forward to seeing how 3CXPhone evolves :mrgreen: .