Access from 3cx console to Yealink phones don't work...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredyWenger

Customer
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
104
Reaction score
4
We use some Yealink SIP-T46S phones over a SBC.
As we had a strange problem today (see below), I started the console (note: the 3cx is hosted at a provider) and seen, that there is a FW-update to the T46S.
We actually have: 66.85.0.5.
New version: 66.86.0.5
I then have assigned the new version to my phone and a message was showed, that the phone will get the new FW version and then restart automatically, what can take some time.
This was more than a hour ago...
I then have tried to reboot the phone from the console -> nothing happens...

Question:
Should this work?

(From "memory" I think, we always had such problems and it can't be, that we have to do the firmware update manually every time).
Thanks

Strange problem:

Today, we had a strange problem with one of our phones.
A T46s stopped to work in the middle of a call.
In the console, the phone was set to "New"...?
I then had to assign the the phone again to the ext.- number to get it work again
Any idea, how this can happens?
Thanks
 
I have find out the issue now myself...
It was a trivial one... the password to the extensions simply was set wrong...
After change it to the correct value, all device in the company could be served from the 3CX console (including FW-Update:-).
Also the access over the SBC now is showed correct (one if my further questions).
One device at the home office (direct access without SBC) can be provisioned and rebooted, but the FW update (strange wise) still don't work...
I have to investigate this further in detail...
So.. no network problem here...
B.t.w.: The PCAP over the web interface to the phone) still don't work ("network error" as before).

It would be nice, if such problems ("error connect to the device - wrong password" or similar) would be showed in the 3CX event log...
Thanks anyway for your time...
 
I now also get the phone in the home office to work.
I had to change the "Provisioning Method" from
Local LAN
to
Direct SIP (STUN Remote)
Now, all issues are solved (I hope this remains and will work the next time from scratch)
 
I think about 10 mins should be ok to complete the update on a T46S. It will be a good idea to contact your provider for support, but we can try one more thing first.

We have a way to see what happens when the phone tries to provision or upgrade. I will provide you with instructions so we can do a packet capture and see at which steps the process is getting stuck

1. Login to the web UI of your T46S (Phone Web Page Password found in your extension provisioning page)

2. Click Settings > Configuration > Pcap Feature > Start

3. Go to 3CX and send the upgrade command to the phone, then wait 30 sec. and also send a reprovisioning command

4. Wait 1 minute max. then go to the Yealink web UI and press Stop on the pcap.


Upload this file to any sharing service you use, and send me the link in a private message (click my name and Start conversation).

I can take a quick look and see if there is anything that stands out which may be causing this.

As for step 1. I tried "admin" and the provisioned password and was denied. I also used the provisioning username as well. Any thoughts?
 
Can you access the 3cx management console from phone network,

Check 3cx blacklist and remove any entries.
 
As for step 1. I tried "admin" and the provisioned password and was denied. I also used the provisioning username as well. Any thoughts?

Your phone is not provisioned by 3CX then. If we provision your phone, the username will be admin and the password will be the one you see in your extension's provisioning tab

1654153997419.png

I think you should go ahead and factory reset your phone, then provision it again. Use our guides and start from scratch when in doubt. https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,964
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock