Alert - Time Shift Threshold Exceeded

BobCrisp

Platinum Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
We have received a couple of alerts from different systems
running V20 U7 Build 1057
"The value "Time Shift" exceeded expected threshold of 500 ms. The value measured as 1183 ms."
Does anyone have the same issue?
How to resolve
 
Hi,

Verify that the system has a reliable time source and is able to connect and synchronise regularly. How to do this would depend on the type of system/where it's deployed etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
The Systems affected are Enterprise Hosted with 3CX
 
I have send you a Direct message.
 
Hi,
I got the same message on one of my systems, Pro 8SC 3cx hosted.

3CX PhoneSystem detected that the following value "Time Shift" exceeded expected threshold of 500 ms.
The values measured was 779 ms at Tuesday, 21 October 2025 05:16:00

Regards
Keith
 
Anyone got a solution to this? I've been getting these alerts more frequently across several instances. I've tried with and without Hyper-V time sync integration. I've also tried manually installing NTP sync on the Debian OS (it didn't seem to be installed out of the box). Still getting alerts and time sync is pretty basic that should be handled out of the box with zero config necessary. I shouldn't have to be SSHing into the underlying OS to check and fix NTP sync.
 
Anyone got a solution to this? I've been getting these alerts more frequently across several instances. I've tried with and without Hyper-V time sync integration. I've also tried manually installing NTP sync on the Debian OS (it didn't seem to be installed out of the box). Still getting alerts and time sync is pretty basic that should be handled out of the box with zero config necessary. I shouldn't have to be SSHing into the underlying OS to check and fix NTP sync.
This post is nearly 1 year old, you'd be better off opening a new one.

IIRC I dont think older 3CX shipped with NTP apt so maybe this is why - you'll just have to install it.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,134
Messages
590,914
Members
165,145
Latest member
Sebastiano