- Joined
- Jan 30, 2021
- Messages
- 33
- Reaction score
- 15
My apologies if this post has been answered before, though I couldn't find anything definite. The requirements for call transcription is really confusing and there seems to be some conflicting information floating around the forums making it more confusing. Currently, I'm running V20 U9 on a 48 SC Pro license (on-prem). Our leadership staff would like the ability to transcribe call recordings of our sales staff for quality control. It appears that the only thing I've been able to make certain is that we would need to upgrade from the Pro license to the AI license. Other than that, I'm confused. Do I have to have a stand alone 3CX AI server regardless if we're going to send it to the cloud or on-prem? If so, why does the recommended specs suggest I need a Mac Mini M4 or Mac Studio M4, when they don't have an Nvidia GPU (according to Apple specs) even though it says for the 3CX AI server an Nvida GPU is required. (https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/cloud-vs-local-ai-server/). I'd rather process the transcriptions locally than send them off to an outside AI platform. If anyone can provide some concrete information, that would totally make my week as our leadership team is wanting this implemented soon.
