Anonymous chat coming in, even though name and email are required

Status
Not open for further replies.

noord

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
244
Reaction score
168
Just a little puzzle…

We had an anonymous chat from ‘Webvisitor’ coming in, even though we ask for name and email address.
Somehow, this person managed to bypass these fields.
I cannot reproduce this at all, I have to enter this before I can start a chat.
Does anyone have any idea how this visitor managed to bypass this requirement?
 
Hello Noord.
Bypassing auth form is possible when livechat configured to allow call without chat ("Do you want to show the call button under the chat button? This allows visitors to call without initiating a chat first." option).
In this case it doesn't request name/email and calls directly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zakaria m
Ah, yes, you're right about that! You can indeed press 'call' and then switch back to 'chat' and it never asks for your name.

Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock