• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Auto provisioning of Yealink phones after factory reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @NickD_3CX yes they are on same physical LAN and Subnet. But I also can run down the hall and test as a Remote Phone. Both fail in the same way.. never shows up in Phones page as New or as Provisioned

your comment: "Run a packet capture on the server, you can do that from the MC as well" ? please explain how. I'm assuming MC = Management Console (the 3CX server is on Debian)

@Imaxinar DM
A few key pieces of information, The Yealink phone and the 3CX Server, and they on the same LAN/Subnet? I ask because you said that you tried Remote STUN as well.
Also, if the Yealink and the 3CX Server are behind the same ZyXEL Router, NATing should not play any role, although it does look correct. Mutlicast of course must be allowed.

So, working with the assumption that the phone and the server are on the same physical LAN and Subnet, the first thing I would suggest looking for is why the phone is not showing up in the Management Console. Run a packet capture on the server, you can do that from the MC as well, Factory Reset the phone amd wait until it comes back online. If it doesn't show up in the "Phones" node, open the capture file with Wireshark and check for the source IP of the phone with something like:
Code:
ip.addr==[IP of Phone]
This should tell you if the server received any information at all from the phone (so its a good starting point).
Remember, if phone and server are on different subnets, usually multicast packets won't reach one another...[/QUOTE]

your comment: "Run a packet capture on the server, you can do that from the MC as well" ? please explain how. I'm assuming MC = Management Console (the 3CX server is on Debian)
Sorry, yes MC = Management Console.

Easy:
  1. Log into the MC.
  2. Go to Dashboard --> Activity Log
  3. Press the "Capture" button
  4. Reboot phone and wait
  5. When done, press "stop"
  6. Download
  7. Open w/ Wireshark (you need to download this separately on your PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.