• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Avaya J100 and 9608G phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysterC925

Free User
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Most of my users will be happy with the softphones but we have several Avaya handsets that were purchased for our old IP Office, and while I've found some guidance on getting the 9600 series phones working, I'm curious if there's anyhthing for the Jxxx series? They are listed on Avaya's site as 3rd party certified for 3CX?

Thanks!
 
Check this out https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/avaya-j100-series-phones-with-3cx.77059/

You may be able to get it to work by entering the sip username details into the phone, but it will have very basic functions

If I was you, I would get a supported phone so you get the benefits of the 3cx functions - address book, call parking, blf keys, etc

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
Annoying that Avaya claims it's supported and 3CX says no, but it is what it is.
 
Hi @MysterC925

While there is legacy support for the 9608G, the J100 is not supported.

This means that 3CX does not have built-in templates for automatic configuration of that model, nor has it been tested for interop compatibility. In this case, you might still be able to get it working using support provided directly by the manufacturer so you can extend their life longer.

Do note however, that we do not recommend purchasing unsupported phones because there is never any guarantee they will work as intended. You might find strange behavior like:

- hold/unhold not working right
- transfers might fail
- no audio/one way audio problems might appear in certain situations
- BLF and DND might not work
- phonebook will not be available

If you have the ability to upgrade, or plan to do so in the future, take a look here to see what models we do support:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Thanks everyone. I realized it was probably a lost cause, I was just hoping to get some mileage out of phones already purchased, but they're all pretty old at this point so it's not a big deal.

@cobaltit (my reseller) thanks for that I did some googling and never found it.

I've order a couple of phones from the list to evaluate and anyone who needs hardphones will get a new one of those.

Thanks all
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us