• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Bulk add hotdesking phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuseppe Ravasio

Forum User
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
60
Reaction score
17
Hi,
I need to add a lot of phones in hotdesking mode and I was wondering if there is a way to import them from a list or using some sort of API.
I did some searches but I didn't found anything useful.
Thanks
Giuseppe
 
Hi Giuseppe,

There is one option. You could try using this method which is meant for mass PBX deployment:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/configure-pbx-automatically/

There are some limitations (ie. this is for deploying a new PBX, not an existing one) but you can use this method to add extensions with the correct hot desking naming, where the First Name is HD00001 and must be exactly 7 characters like a normal HD extension would be.

It should go without saying that you need to check this in a test environment before you deploy it for customers, so if you feel it is a viable option for you then spend some time experimenting with it.
 
Hi John,
thanks for the link but given the fact that I needed to do the config on an existing install I did that with a bash script generating a lot of curl calls!
At the end of the day It would be great to have an API like the one you published for Video Conferencing!
Giuseppe
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,964
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock