- Joined
- Jun 17, 2021
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 2
I'm working on migrating our phone system to 3CX for our smallish nonprofit. So far things are going alright, but for the life of me I can't get call pickup working on our old cisco 7962/7942 phones. I can't find a lot of information on this either on both google, this forum, and voip-info.org (which has helped me a lot so far). We're quite limited in our resources, so while replacing all our phones with something more recent is on our todo list, it will take a couple of years before we can replace the last 7942.
I got the pickup softkey on the phone (event id 17, which seems to be correct from what I can find), but if you press it you just hear the busy signal. You can enter an extension number but it doesn't do anything. I also tried dialing *20*<extension> as I've read somewhere that this should work with 3cx but alas, just a busy tone as well. I can however pickup calls using the webclient, so 3cx itself seems to be fine.
Could someone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.
Some information: we're running the standard license on linux on a local VM (vmware). The phones are configured using the guide on the 3cx site (with the firmware for our models). Used a custom softkey xml file to get the pickup key on the display.
I got the pickup softkey on the phone (event id 17, which seems to be correct from what I can find), but if you press it you just hear the busy signal. You can enter an extension number but it doesn't do anything. I also tried dialing *20*<extension> as I've read somewhere that this should work with 3cx but alas, just a busy tone as well. I can however pickup calls using the webclient, so 3cx itself seems to be fine.
Could someone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.
Some information: we're running the standard license on linux on a local VM (vmware). The phones are configured using the guide on the 3cx site (with the firmware for our models). Used a custom softkey xml file to get the pickup key on the display.