Call successful/unsuccessful API?

Status
Not open for further replies.

360 Con

Customer
Joined
Jan 18, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
8
Hello!

I am implementing a feature for my Dialer in a self-hosted version of 3CX. Our new functionality is about how many times a number can be called daily from the dialer before flagging it as done for that day.
I don't seem to find any reference about calls that were answered and calls that weren´t. Like an API would do it, but I dont find it. Let me explain what we need.

So a counter X is retrieved from our CRM which indicates how many times the dialer should call a specific customer today. After X times, the number will be saved on a table on our DB which gets queried right before creating the Call<List> for our agents. In doing so, we can exclude the number from the calling list. That same table is emptied daily on "OutWorkTime", so everyday we can start new will all the calls. So far so good, it works.

Thing is, for example, the dialer retrieves from CRM that customer Y should be called X times today. If Y answers the first time and has a chat with one of our agents, Y will still be called for the remaining X times as indicated from CRM field "DailyCounter". I need to add another step in my logic where if a call is successful, then save the number on the DB-table and not call it again. The whole logic
I can write it myself, I just dont find any API or reference about if the call was successful.

Thanks
 
Hello!

I am implementing a feature for my Dialer in a self-hosted version of 3CX. Our new functionality is about how many times a number can be called daily from the dialer before flagging it as done for that day.
I don't seem to find any reference about calls that were answered and calls that weren´t. Like an API would do it, but I dont find it. Let me explain what we need.

So a counter X is retrieved from our CRM which indicates how many times the dialer should call a specific customer today. After X times, the number will be saved on a table on our DB which gets queried right before creating the Call<List> for our agents. In doing so, we can exclude the number from the calling list. That same table is emptied daily on "OutWorkTime", so everyday we can start new will all the calls. So far so good, it works.

Thing is, for example, the dialer retrieves from CRM that customer Y should be called X times today. If Y answers the first time and has a chat with one of our agents, Y will still be called for the remaining X times as indicated from CRM field "DailyCounter". I need to add another step in my logic where if a call is successful, then save the number on the DB-table and not call it again. The whole logic
I can write it myself, I just dont find any API or reference about if the call was successful.

Thanks
The only thing you can check is if the call was successful or not. But successful only means "answered by something". Could be someone or a voicemail.

The only way we found was to use a separate CFD that asks the customer to press 1 or something like that (which a voicemail cannot do) and that's how we know "success" or not.
 
Let´s say that I want to go with the first solution. Only a small portion of the calls we do via Dialer ends up in the voicemail, in fact most of the calls end before that. It would be anyway a step in the right direction.As it is for now, the called number ends up in the "CalledForToday" table in any case. Is there an API or something I can use to check successful/unsuccesful?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Let´s say that I want to go with the first solution. Only a small portion of the calls we do via Dialer ends up in the voicemail, in fact most of the calls end before that. It would be anyway a step in the right direction.As it is for now, the called number ends up in the "CalledForToday" table in any case. Is there an API or something I can use to check successful/unsuccesful?
Use the MakeCall.Result variable after the MakeCall component in the dialer. Simply use a conditional branch.
 
What is returned by MakeCall.Result? bool? "IsSuccessful"?
Man I dont find dokus about API :(
 
It's a boolean (true/false)
 
Yes! thanks
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
Hey guys, I still need help on the topic here.

What does the documentation mean when it writes.
When the component execution ends, the following output properties are exposed:


Where is the result exposed? How can I access the boolean?
Also, I guess I cannot access it in my code, after the:
C#:
MakeCall(string from_number, string number_to)
method, right?
 
Where is the result exposed? How can I access the boolean?
If your Make Call component name is "myMakeCall", then use:
myMakeCall.Result
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe