• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Call Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kclark

Gold Partner
Joined
Sep 3, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Hello

I'm running into an issue with transferring calls. The extensions are set for Attended transfer because sometimes they want to talk to the person first. Some times they just want to do a blind transfer. How can I set this up to allow the option of blind or attended transfer? Is there a way to add an additional softkey that shows BXFER?

We are using the Fanvil X6U phones
3CX server version is 16.0.9

ex. User 1 answers a call and wants to transfer to User 2. User 1 presses XFER and the BLF configured in the sidecar. User 2 doesn't answer so User 1 asks the caller if they want to go to voicemail or try back later. Caller wants voicemail. User 1 presses XFER and the BLF, but then they lose the XFER button until the VM message starts playing. If they press XFER again, the caller will get the VM message partway through.

To do a blind transfer, yes, the user can press XFER, dial ext 123 and then press XFER again, but thats difficult if they dont know the extension offhand.
 
Hi kclark

The option in the management console only affects the BLF key functions. It's either attended or blind, there's no choosing per call, so what you see is what you get in that respect. This of course does not prevent you from doing manual transfers without BLF keys.

The best I can suggest is the following:


1. BLF Transfers
Choose if you wan't attended or blind and keep it that way. When you want to transfer, you don't need to press Xfer, you simply press the BLF and you are done (whether attended or blind). This is a convenience for the user but it is not flexible.


2. Normal transfers

Don't use the BLF keys at all for this.

- Press Xfer, dial the extension and press Xfer again >> Blind Transfer
- Press Xfer, dial the extension and press "Dial". When they answer press "Xfer" >> Attended

This is less convenient, but has more flexibility.


My personal preference, is to preset Blind on the BLFs (so I always have convenience for blind) and to use method 2 if I want to do Attended. Through the combination of both methods, you can have a nice middle ground.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
@JohnS_3CX Thanks. I will test it out quick when I'm back at the office tomorrow. I must have had my wires crossed with the last system I was working on then. This is only system #2 so I'm still finding my way through the little things that are different from other systems my clients and I have used.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon