• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Caller ID not being passed onto mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul,
So could you be so kind and let me know what configuration should I put in the 'outbound' tab???
I suppose you meant the “Outbound Parameters” tab of the VoIP Provider trunk?

Here in Holland I do not make use of a by 3CX supported VoIP provider, when I create a trunk (In/Outbound) I use the “Generic VoIP Provider” template.
Maybe this makes the difference why it work with me?
I attached a few screenshots of the settings I use.

Attachments

• Forwarding.PNG
    Forwarding.PNG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Outbound.PNG
    Outbound.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,205
  • Other.PNG
    Other.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,194
Hi Complex1

Thanks for the images. The problem remains the same: calls are forwarded without ID. The only change made was at 'From User Part' it was changed from authID to originator callerId

Thanks anyway

Regards
PG

Hi,

Then try leejors solution?
http://www.3cx.com/forums/caller-id-not-being-passed-onto-mobile-40795.html#p168031

your provider must not support "spoofing". We run into this alot. Our solution is use a vitelity SIP trunk for any outbound calls forwarded to the mobile phones along with changing those 2 variables for that outbound trunk.

This seems to be going around in circles now.

pstmg, there is some confusion as to what works, and what doesn't, for you, and if your VoIP provider even allows spoofing at all.

You state...
pstmg said:
Well the point is everything runs ok except when a call is diverted from a non resisted extension to a cell phone.

What does that mean? Where is the original caller located, is it another extension, or an outside caller? Does the extension number of a registered extension show on the called parties display, does the DID number, does the main billing number? What about a "ring my mobile at the same time" call, does the original (outside?) calling party number show on the display?

Are you trying calls from an extension to several "outside" numbers with call display, both mobiles and landlines, from several extensions?

What about a call that is not diverted, a call directly to an outside number from and extension? What number shows on the display.

If "everything else" works as you want, and changing the settings mentioned previously in the posts "breaks" any of that, then you may have to live with the main number showing on a diverted call to a non-registered extension. As it has been shown, different VoIP providers handle caller ID in various ways, and it may be, that you won't get everything working the way you wish it to be.

Hi all

What I ment to say is the system works fine as it was implemented. However I receive some complaints specially from the comercial department saying that they receive calls from the company's general number. The system was configurated to forward calls has they are picked up by the 3cx auto atendant to the respective gsm phone number if the salesman is not nearby its extension.
My question is it possible or not to forward the caller id (for example a client phone number) to the salesman gsm phone through our voip provoder???

Thank you all for your replies
Paul

pstmg said:
My question is it possible or not to forward the caller id (for example a client phone number) to the salesman gsm phone through our voip provoder???

It is if the provider allows it, as other have already stated. You have not confirmed that your provider allows spoofing (the sending of a number other than one assigned by your provider). If you have changed the settings mentioned previously, and the only number that any called party, not just a mobile, receives is your "main" number (or another number assigned to you), then it probably won't work.

You will have to contact your provider to confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.