Cannot get 3cx working with Sipgate Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteroserob

New User
Joined
Mar 21, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I've read a number of threads on this forum about the issue I'm about to explain, however, I've been unable to come to a solution, so I'm hoping you can help.

I've got a telephone number with Sipgate Basic, I've followed the steps on this link: https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/115005174309-Configuring-3CX-SIP-Trunks.

However, it still doesn't seem to be working, despite following those EXACT steps on the help article.

Am I missing something? It seems very straight forward but it's not working for me.

I've tried adding 00 before the number which is in E164 format both on the incoming and outgoing, and it still doesn't seem to work.

Hope you can help
Rob
 
What isnt working? Ive got Sipgate Basic as well without any problems.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisC_3CX
We haven't tested SIPGate UK with 3CX but, if this is a register based SIP Trunk, which based on the settings you provided seems to be the case, first please check if the SIP Trunk is registered. IT should appear as green in the SIP Trunks section if it is.
 
I too have a couple questions f instances using Sipgate Basic. No issue at all
 
Hello,

Thank you for your responses. I'm using Sipgate UK. I've added the sip trunk provider as 'Generic' as there isn't a registered provider called 'Sipgate Basic' or 'Sipgate UK'. I've followed all the instructions on the Sipgate website and followed this step-by-step, but I'm still having no joy with this.

If you could tell me what settings you used to set it up, I'd be very grateful

Rob
 
What is the error(s) you are seeing in the 3CX Activity Log when you pass a call on to the provider? Is there a response?
 
Hello,

Thank you for your responses. I'm using Sipgate UK. I've added the sip trunk provider as 'Generic' as there isn't a registered provider called 'Sipgate Basic' or 'Sipgate UK'. I've followed all the instructions on the Sipgate website and followed this step-by-step, but I'm still having no joy with this.

If you could tell me what settings you used to set it up, I'd be very grateful

Rob
Why not use Sipgate Trunk template? I did it with the german sipgate basic without any problems.
 
Sipgate Basic will register but you can’t make or receive calls until you have input their Activation Code. Could it be that?
 
Although Sipgate is not supported for the UK other people had success using the DE template for Sipgate with their UK trunks. You will need to change the registrar to the UK one and add your username and password but try that first and see if it works for you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pueraria
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,190
Messages
591,172
Members
165,244
Latest member
MentisAlliance