• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Change BLF when User is on DND

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronl

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
May 20, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
I have a client using Yealink T46S phones with Yealink EXP40 expansion module. All the users are listed as BLF's on these expansion modules and have they have noticed that when one of the users are on a call the light corresponding to the BLF will go turn red, but when the person is on DND it will stay green. They have just moved over from FreePBX where it would be red when on DND and would like this to continue to happen. How can this be done?
 
Thanks for that. Has 3CX given any reason why it can't be done? Even if we used a customer template?
3CX uses a custom SIP stack instead of Asterisk or any other open-source stacks. Therefore, this is the kind of thing that would need to be implemented in multiple departments of the development.
 
Hi,

BLF: this shows call state (idle/ringing/busy) and works using standard SIP

3CX Presence: This is an independent system that we developed for our soft clients, IP phones do not understand it so it cannot be used regardless of the template.

I would recommend to upvote the Ideas so it can be considered in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
3CX Presence: This is an independent system that we developed for our soft clients, IP phones do not understand it so it cannot be used regardless of the template.
Thanks Frederick but that doesn't fully make sense. The reason I say this is because if I press DND on the IP Phone it updates the soft clients and vice versa. So they can clearly understand each other.

BLF: this shows call state (idle/ringing/busy) and works using standard SIP
If BLF only shows the call state is there another option I can use to achieve the desired result?
 
Thanks Frederick but that doesn't fully make sense. The reason I say this is because if I press DND on the IP Phone it updates the soft clients and vice versa. So they can clearly understand each other.

The DND button on the phone simply sends a command to 3CX which changes your Status to DND. It does something similar to when you dial a code to change your status, nothing fancy here and not related to BLFs or Presence in any way..

If BLF only shows the call state is there another option I can use to achieve the desired result?
There isn't any option that 3CX provides which would allow you to do this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon