@JohnS_3CX Yes, the extension itself changes names. It also changes the email and the caller ID.
I was able to determine that it is definitely related to the 365 sync in our situation:
- Extension
XX shows 'Synced with Microsoft 365'
- I remove the previous user for that extension from the list of 365 synced members
- I set the new details onto the extension
XX: First/Last name, email, and outbound caller ID - all set properly
- If I turn Sync back on for the previous user, then extension
XX reverts all details except for the caller ID (the caller ID number updates to the previous-persons new number)
- Both extension
XX and
YY are then under the name of the initial user and the new user is no where to be found
I have confirmed that AD details are completely up-to-date with no references to the previous number. I also checked Azure to ensure these changes are reflected, which they are. Somehow our 3CX system still has ties to the old extension despite having updated all phone related details within AD and in 3CX.
For now, I have removed the affected user from the 365 sync services since factory resetting the phone did not help.