Chat Window Closes When Changing Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Traylor

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
I got live chat working with one exception. When some opens a chat session and stays on that particular tab or page all works fine. When they click differents tabs or modules it closes the chat out and reopens a fresh on the new tab. Their old chat system did not do this.




https://www.lineworker.com/
 

Attachments

  • lw.JPG
    lw.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 7
  • lw2.JPG
    lw2.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
If a web visitor starts a conversation and they get the pop out window, then even if they change the page, the conversation should continue to work without any interruption.
 
I myself did not notice such a problem, but the buyer complained to us.
I checked it and the error was confirmed. When you go to any page of the site of the same section, the session is terminated. How to solve this problem?
Video of what the problem looks like on both sides - follow the link.
 
I'm pretty sure this is an old integration, and/or it is connected to an older version of the PBX.

I'd suggest removing it and re-doing it based on the instructions here:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/live-chat/

This is what it should loo like:
livechar.gif
 
The most interesting thing is that in the messages section of the control panel there is no Live Chat setup at all. Could this have happened when our license was downgraded to Standard?
 
The most interesting thing is that in the messages section of the control panel there is no Live Chat setup at all. Could this have happened when our license was downgraded to Standard?
Are you talking about this option?
1620291646114.png

This should be there regardless of your version. Live Chat is available on all versions.
 
You understood me wrong.
The Message section is there.
When entering this section - there are no saved and configured records
 
The setup in previous version didn't use to be like this, so it may be "correct" that it is not there.

That's why I suggested, remove the plugin completely from your WP website, installed it again, and start the configuration from the beginning as per the guide.
 
It is clear, but our site is not on the WP :-/
Anyway, already started a new setup.
Thank you!
 
We reinstalled the plugin on the site and were very upset.
Now he began to look completely differently and work - he also became different. Yes, sessions have ceased to be terminated when switching to another page, but now the chat window is not embedded in the active browser window with chat, but is presented as a separate pop-up window that has its own window control buttons.
Moreover, in perspective it may not open at all due to the installed plugins in the browser that prohibit pop-ups. Everything would be fine, but if the user, after successful registration in the chat window, which occupies most of the visible part of the site, minimizes it, and then forgets about it and intuitively clicks on the chat icon while waiting for the opening of an already started conversation, he will receive a new session.
We assumed that we might have errors on the site and checked how the chat works on your official site. And with chagrin for ourselves we saw a similar behavior of the chat window.
The previous version was much more correct and intuitive for the user.
Is there a way out of this situation, except of course the simplest thing - to stop using Live Chat?
 
  • Like
Reactions: paurus
What would you understand, I can't even record the active screen to show the obscenity of this chat, because pop-up windows separately cannot be recorded
 
I am not sure why you are surprised, I told you that the new implementation was a pop-out window in response #2.
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/chat-window-closes-when-changing-tabs.79455/post-365949

Also I'm not sure what you mean you can't record the screen, I managed to record it just fine in reply #4.
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/chat-window-closes-when-changing-tabs.79455/post-375532

The Chat extension and Code Generator at some point will get the option back to be embedded, but unfortunately I do not have and ETA for that.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: shuttloviser
I understood everything - thanks.
But it's easier for us to refuse to use such a solution. And presenting the functionality of the Live & Chat chat as an advantage when buying a 3CX license is probably no longer worth it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock