• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco 7960 SIP update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you're getting a TFTP timeout because the TFTP server you specified in the DHCP settings on your server were incorrect?

I don't know. My setup is so simple. This is all I have (Router - Phone - Computer) with both devices connected to the router. The computer is the TFTP server and has 3cx installed on it. I previously had it running but I was able to specify my computer as the TFTP server in the phone. This time the phone isn't allowing me to change anything, telnet and directly.
When I get home later I'm going to use the hub and see if wireshark will give me the necessary ip.

I finally got it. After so much effort. Turns out it the TFTP IP was 192.168.1.1 which is the same as the router. I was confusing requests for the server for requests for the router. Finally got everything setup and the Skype gateway running and all that.

Hello,
Reading, I could already solve the issue with cisco phones?, Please could help me is that I have problems with the structures of the files, telephones already have SIP firmware, but I can not assemble the correct configuration of XML, I thank you if I can help.

LeonidasG said:
I'll post you some Configuration files for 7940/41 to try out, but i doubt they will work due to some minor differences in the XML structure.

Hi Leonidas,

Would you mind posting your SIPDefault.cnf and SIPxxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf files? I am trying to land a 125 extension deal that is dependent on me getting 7940's and 7960's working properly. I got them flashed with no problems, now I just need to create the configs. Do you happen to have them for the 7960 as well?

Here's the files, try them out and see if they work.
You would have to edit the IP's / Extension Numbers in the files themselves first.

Attachments

• 120.rar
    7.2 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.