• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Cisco phones missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitry_prg

Premier Customer
Joined
Nov 12, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Hello
After update to 18.0 Update 5 I could not find any Cisco devices in a template?
Is it possible to return in back?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 15.29.18.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 15.29.18.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 43
Hi,

I'm afraid not. Existing provisioned phones may continue to work, but you cannot add new ones.

Cisco has been marked as EOL for quite a while now, we suggest replacing aging devices with something newer from our currently supported devices.
 
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
But i fix it - I upload Cisco Template from previous version of 3CX 18 Update 3. Now I can see Cisco phones in drop-down menu and phones can be added
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 10.07.40.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 10.07.40.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 10.07.46.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 10.07.46.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 72
Hi there, any chance I could get hold of those template files?
 
Here you are
Just go to 3cx console -> settings -> templates -> choose any availble -> click copy -> replace text and save
 

Attachments

Here you are
Just go to 3cx console -> settings -> templates -> choose any availble -> click copy -> replace text and save
Thanks for that, I particularly need the Cisco 7941 template though if you have it.
 
No idea about Cisco 7941 but I used template Cisco SPA504g for Cisco 7811 and it works
 
I tried this with Aastra as i'm having the same issue and the template copies into the custom templates directory but the phones won't show up? How can we still provision Aastra phones? we don't have many left, but this is a pain without the template?
 
For everyone that is having problems getting the "custom" template to show up:

We also have a bunch of 7942s and I was having trouble getting hte template to show up. I checked hte template that was placed here and saw it had a line <templatetype>legacy</templatetype>. The template I grabbed from the phone server had <templatetype>deleted</templatetype> . So just edit the template you have and replace "deleted" with "legacy" to get the template to show up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CentrexJ
You are best off configuring these phones manually or using the tools that came with the phones. We are going to update our guides how to do this.

Using the templates is just buying a few more months time because eventually local lan provisiong is going away. Local lan provisioning relies on HTTP and its not secure.

So if you want to use these old phones provision them manually independently from 3CX. If you use a strong password, you should be fine....
 
Thanks for that, I particularly need the Cisco 7941 template though if you have it.
FYI, the templates are still on the server if you browse to the directory where templates are kept. That is where I got my copy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: l4nsocrates
You are best off configuring these phones manually or using the tools that came with the phones. We are going to update our guides how to do this.

Using the templates is just buying a few more months time because eventually local lan provisiong is going away. Local lan provisioning relies on HTTP and its not secure.

So if you want to use these old phones provision them manually independently from 3CX. If you use a strong password, you should be fine....
When do you anticipate this change will be taking place?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gummies
When do you anticipate will be Local lan provisioning disappear ?

I have hundreds of Avaya 96XX running on 3cx V18
 
Wow, that would've been good to know... I wondered why all of a sudden the Cisco phones weren't in the list to provision after updating the self hosted 3CX server. Those phones are crazy cheap and super reliable. And ouch, that's going to hurt a LOT of places using hosted 3CX and Cisco phones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us