• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Configure Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 with SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABerndt

Customer
Joined
May 23, 2017
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hi - I have a working Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 (I replaced it with a Yealink CP960) that I would like to move to another building that connects to our 3CX via SBC. I have the instructions to set up the phone and see that there is no SBC support. I have also read where users have been able to make these phones work using SBC, I just cannot find specific instructions as to how to do this. If someone would be willing to provide this information, I would appreciate it.
 
Hi @ABerndt

That device is only supported as local (no SBC or STUN support), and is also considered a legacy device with no further development planned.

With the above in mind, you can in theory make any SIP device work with SBC, but it still remains an untested/unsupported scenario so you might have issues with it, so we cannot provide support with for it.

I would keep this device in a Local environment and move the CP960 to the other building with SBC (if you are able to do so).

However, if you would still like to experiment, the main difference you will notice on an SBC connected device is that the registrar IP field gets replaced with the 3CX FQDN, and the Proxy field receives the the SBC IP address. Again, this is not guaranteed to work and is entirely up to you to test and troubleshoot, but that would be the way to do it.
 
Thank you for your reply. Moving the CP960 is not an option so I will try the other option. Where do I find the registrar IP and proxy IP fields?
 
Those would be on the UI of the phone itself. If you provision it as LAN, and then login the phone's own web UI and check the SIP account settings you should probably find it.

Alternatively, look up Polycom's documentation and they should have what you need.
 
OK, thank you. I was thinking of configuring it here where the phone system is located and then moving it over to the other building and making those changes. I appreciate your suggestions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,169
Latest member
Isaac415