• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Confused about "for Windows"

Status
Not open for further replies.
With MSSQL you would have to have the server already setup as 99% sure that microsofts policy would prevent redistribution of it's server software according to EULA

The problem with statements like that is that regularly hte 1% chance comes back and bites you.

SQL Server free editions ("Express edition") is not only slip-streamable into an installer, but one is also explictily allowed to redistribute it.

That said - being very verbose about the shortcomings of 3cx let me say you that I also have a glimpse of the future, and I would say you guys will be surprised by v7 onward ;)

Thona said:
With MSSQL you would have to have the server already setup as 99% sure that microsofts policy would prevent redistribution of it's server software according to EULA

The problem with statements like that is that regularly hte 1% chance comes back and bites you.

SQL Server free editions ("Express edition") is not only slip-streamable into an installer, but one is also explictily allowed to redistribute it.

That said - being very verbose about the shortcomings of 3cx let me say you that I also have a glimpse of the future, and I would say you guys will be surprised by v7 onward ;)

Well excuse me for not knowing all of Microsofts software and agreements inside out, it's not like they are a big company that has a lot of software out.

I'm a MySQL kinda guy however, never really fond of MS SQL, I guess it's cause it so regularly causes heartache for me at work on the servers i'm fixing that I forget that theres meant to be some good in it. MySQL i've never had a problem with.

mattlandis said:
justin,

this is one reason why we should use msde/sqlexpress/mssql:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/phonesystem-3cx-user-6475.html#p32141

chuckle...
no, not serious...just had to say that.

matt

That can happen on any server anyhow...But let's just leave it at that!

So people can stop posting now...in fact the next person who posts in this topic gets the 3cx curse in which you can never get 3cx or any other voip platform successfully installed :p

(Wonder how long before someone posts just for the hell of it :roll: )

Hey there,

I'm posting just for the hell of it :)

What the heck, I work here, if I never get anything registered I can just phone up Nick :p

I do believe some valid comments were made in this loong post. Should anyone wish to see anything, I remind you of the feature request forum!

keith said:
Hey there,

I'm posting just for the hell of it :)

What the heck, I work here, if I never get anything registered I can just phone up Nick :p

I do believe some valid comments were made in this loong post. Should anyone wish to see anything, I remind you of the feature request forum!

Has anyone heard the news??? Keith got fired :O Apparently he suffered a sudden bout of amnesia and even forgot the name of the company he worked for so they had to let him go :lol:

Are we still confused???

I forgot what this post was all about, can someone explain it to me again??? :roll:

Henk said:
Are we still confused???

I forgot what this post was all about, can someone explain it to me again??? :roll:

Oh no, let's not go there. This post is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.