• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Connection issues with 3CX Boarder controller

Have you had connection issues with your 3CX border controller

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant! I recast my vote : )

Lets keep this forum bumped, we need the community to help us here!

I have two questions here...for 3cx or anyone.

1) Do we need to worry with all this traffic going over an encrypted connected?
2) Is there ANY WAY to monitor the up/down status of a tunnel and receive some sort of notification?

@OCWI.

1) Sorta Kinda, but not really. Once your voice call gets to the PSTN it's effectively unencrypted anyway. And as I understand it, the tunnel obfuscates traffic anyway.
2) That feature has been asked for multiple times. You might lend your support in the Ideas forum. I just bumped an old thread of mine asking for the same thing. Other than monitoring status of the individual extensions behind the SBC, that's it.

Reactions: OCWI
Thanks for the reply Nathan, ill head over to the ideas forum. Cant believe this isn't top priority for 3cx!

How did you find out it was a 3CX issue?

We opened a support case and 3CX replied stating that it was an issue on their end that they were working on. They included the workaround of disabling encryption in the e-mail as well.

How on earth was this not tested prior to the release of 15.5?
This kind of catastrophe is very disappointing.

This has been a nightmare for me too - yesterday evening spent 6 hours trying to work out with Wireshark what the problem was. No luck so eventually after thinking it was a fault on the firewall sent a support ticket and found out the issue and the blog that was posted. The company I support have gone nuts as that's nearly 2 days without phones.

Spent the evening ON THE PHONE to 3cx Support and at 9pm they stopped answering the phones and 10pm they went home without this being fixed. Under their instruction I've reinstalled the Raspberry Pi SBC a number of times but was still getting Registration Failed on the phones - I actually don't think the Raspberry Pi SBC has been updated as the version being installed is 15.5.2607 which isn't the same as the Windows version with the .1 after it.

I eventually found this post with the Raspberry Pi SBC workaround and as soon as I did that the first phone connected. So to me that proves it's still not fixed with the Raspberry Pi SBC and you still need to disable encryption on the Raspberry Pi.

With 3cx pushing the cloud based systems and the recommended configuration of remote extensions over a SBC we need some indication on the Management System of the SBC's connected.

So after wasting 2 evenings on this I've eventually got the phones back up - not good enough. 3cx are quick enough to send me emails chasing me for sales leads or sending me emails about stuff - surely something this important should have been emailed out as an important notification??

Not happy.

@garyjduk

They actually have updated the Pi build, and I've got all my clients updated and encrypted again.

Just make sure you do the "apt-get update" before you try to reinstall and it should pull the newest build.

You are absolutely correct about the communication deficit. Unfortunately, that seems to be a common theme.

"Now that the bug is fixed, it will be interesting to see if they step up with a post-mortem apology, analysis, and explanation of how they will avoid this in the future. In our computer-dependent, cloud-connected world, even major vendors like Amazon Web Services have outages. The vendor's mettle is proven in how they respond and communicate."

This is exactly the issue. The formal reply through their support was use a vpn or STUN. Ive asked them through several tickets (including their sales staff) for a FORMAL response i can give my (very upset) clients. They just completely ignore the question.

Totally unacceptable!

Please help us upvote this key feature, we need to show 3cx that us and our clients are very serious about the SBC, make sure you +1 AND vote: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...dmin-gui-in-progress.42985/page-2#post-201299

Reactions: 3CXDude
Faulting application name: 3cxsbc.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x595224e6
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000720065
Faulting process id: 0xe10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f024fb47dc87
Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\3CXSBC\3cxsbc.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 1a17d9bd-5c23-11e7-80c4-dcfe071a7a58
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

new code crashes every hour...

this is beyond frustrating

Yes it is logging stuff to the log file

I think this is what I see last then the application crashes... almost every hour

ERR | 20170628-150007.710 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 5660 | TunnelTcp.cpp:262 | Bridge [3CXSBC15.5.2607.1] failure 'Too long inactivity' on TCP connection: while processing tunnel connection
ERR

the previous version never crashed (like ever)

i have a support ticket, 24 hours now, no response... customer so frustrated

If you can - post your 3cxsbc.conf file.

another day goes bye.. no response from my support ticket...

yes I downgraded the SBC and set security mode back to 0

customer is freaking out

it doesnt crash anymore

another day goes bye.. no response from my support ticket...

yes I downgraded the SBC and set security mode back to 0

customer is freaking out

it doesnt crash anymore

Could you tell me the ticket number please?

Hey guys, we are having the same issue with a single client. On the latest 3cxsbc version. No other errors, just "'to long inactivity' on TCP". Did you ever find the source of the issue or resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.