Delay after sending call to external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdemon

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
Hello, we are having an issue with our SIP Trunk settings for one of our clients. The issue occurs when dialing an external number, the PBX sends the call across the SIP Trunks, then just sits and waits. It can be as short as 3 seconds to over 30 seconds, it doesn't apparently seem to have a rhyme or reason what causes the difference between the delay timing. We have had this issue before. We reached out to our SIP Provider and gave them the timestamp of the call. They investigated and found that when our system is sending out the request for the call, it is sending to the IP Address for the Origination server instead of the IP Address for the Outbound Server. I set the logs to Medium logging and made a call from the webclient to an external number. I can see that the first SIP Trunk it tries matches the IP of the Origination Server. Checking the SIP Trunk configuration, the first SIP Trunk has the Origination IP that I see in the Log, but the config shows that there is an Outbound Proxy set to the correct Outbound Server IP. In theory, the call should be using the IP set for the Outbound Proxy but it just doesn't even try. I confirmed what I saw with the Carrier before making this thread. They agree they see the call I discussed, and it's sending from the Origination IP instead of the Outbound IP.


Now here's the big wrench for support here: It's an unsupported SIP Trunk. We currently do not have plans or a desire to change our SIP Provider as they have been very helpful in the past. Since then, 3CX has dropped support for this SIP Provider and the SIP Provider no longer offers information about configuring the 3CX PBX for their services. This should not be an issue though as our other clients have this same setup and it does not appear to have the same issues.


The only other thing I can think to mention is that sometimes I have gotten a 400 Bad Request but this too is sporadic. Does anyone else experience this issue? Please help!
 
I'll let them know, but last I discussed with them they claimed 3CX Dropped them, not the other way around. I don't know the full story but maybe someone can kick the can further up.
 
I'll let them know, but last I discussed with them they claimed 3CX Dropped them, not the other way around. I don't know the full story but maybe someone can kick the can further up.

I'm convinced that Voip Innovations is a good company and I'm not saying it's unreliable.
I've had the opportunity to meet some of the folks from 3CX at a VIP event, and they are genuinely nice people!
I can assure you that if the 3CX team decided not to have business agreement with Voip Innovations (assuming that's the case), there must be a good reason for it.

In any case, if Voip Innovations has indeed completed the test plan (which is possible), shouldn't they at least publish a guide explaining how to make their trunk work with 3CX?

Think about it. :p
 
VOIP Innovation used to be a supported provider until they were acquired by Sangoma. At that point, they became a competitor to 3CX and thus the interop was ended. I understand perfectly why!

Imagine 3CX sending a customer to VI for their trunk, but then the VI rep goes "we have our own platform you know, so why use 3CX?" Boom, you lost a potential customer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Guillaume Bourgeois
VOIP Innovation used to be a supported provider until they were acquired by Sangoma. At that point, they became a competitor to 3CX and thus the interop was ended. I understand perfectly why!

Imagine 3CX sending a customer to VI for their trunk, but then the VI rep goes "we have our own platform you know, so why use 3CX?" Boom, you lost a potential customer.

Ah! There it is, I suspected there was a good reason. That makes sense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,141
Messages
590,932
Members
165,157
Latest member
distrimed