• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DIDForSale provider and Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fax Server

OK, and let's make sure that the 3CX software is uninstalled from all else other than the machine we will be working with.

Then go ahead and put wireshark and pcap on. Hopefully we will not need, but my inclination is that we will.

Once you have the machine up and running and can make and receive regular phone calls via did4sale, then let me know.

I have the Win7 machine setup however how do I get the SMTP server setup? Question I have is can I actually leave my 2003 machine setup as an smtp server and just tell 3cx to use that machine as its smtp? Will that work?

Sure, give it a shot.

Doesn't seem to be playing well. Sorry for my delay in response. I came home to find my IPCop firewall down and the hard drive shot and my verizon router not wanting to play nice. I can't seem to find how to install windows smtp virtualization server. I've decided I'm going to format my windows 2003 box and install 2008 R2. I'll have this setup tomorrow morning.

Alright here we go. New server install of Windows 2008 Enterprise SP2. I have the the server in my DMZ zone for now. I have tested and made sure that I can send emails via the welcome email under extension. I still get this error when trying to restart the fax server.

The description for Event ID '1073741824' in Source '3CXFAXSrv' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'Service procedure completed with code 0'

I have wireshark installed.

So we will ignore the error message for the moment -

This machine only has one NIC installed and only one IP assigned to it?
You have a public static IP?
You have STUN disabled?
All needed ports are forwarded to the private IP of this machine?
You can make and receive voice calls to external phone numbers?
What is the status of MS firewall?
The DID is configured to send to email of fax 888
888 shows to be registered?

The machine has one nic and a static IP
My external IP is static
Stun is not disabled
I have the IP of the machine set as the DMZ host.
I am able to call the number and it works everything goes through
MS firewall is turned off at the moment.
DID is set to send email to fax 888
888 is showing registered but idle.

I have tried to switch the stun server off and set the public up in there. Tested made sure the firewall checker was clean and that I can still send emails and I can. However I still have not been able to get the fax to email too work.

I've renamed this topic to
DIDForSale provider and Fax

PBX is trying to renegotiate media of conversation from audio to T.38, but provider (DIDForSale) rejects it.
You need to ask VoIP provider technical support to clarify situation.

Regards

OK< am back. AM in middle of moving office at the same time. WIth regard to what SY indicated, I agree with him and this is what I have been indicating since I first suggested a wireshark capture a couple of weeks ago. However, sometimes providers can be hard to convince so a capture will help.

BTW, please do not buy a lotto ticket. Given your track record with getting a stable system up and running, it would be a waste of time.

Wireshark -

1. If possible, limit the amount of traffic on the network. It really doesn't hurt anything, just makes it all a little faster and easier to deal with.
2. Get your fax arrangement set to send a cover page or something very simple, 1 page.
3. Ensure that the fax server is running and that the extension is registered and showing green.
4. Start wireshark and let it start to display the data on the screen.
5. Send the fax and if possible watch the system extension status page for the fax extension 888. You want to see the color for the extension so as to easily confirm that the system does indeed see the incoming call, it gets answered and then hangs up.
6. Once you have the hang up, you can then stop the capture, but do not close the program or discard the data.
7. Do not post the data to the forum as it contains info that is best kept to yourself; or post, but edit so as to hide some of the ip addressing, say the last 4 to 6 digits.
8. You should also click on file and save as and then give the file a name you can recall. This file may be what is sent to your provider so that they can see the issue should that prove to be necessary. Also, as an aside, many/most providers can monitor a call in progress and can see the issues in real-time.
9. With the wireshark still up and the data present, click on the telephony tab and then from the drop down, the Voip calls. Wieshark will return with a box showing what it determined to be Voip call by displaying the telephone numbers.
10. Select the calls of interest and highlight, and then select display flow. This will then return a graphical, chronological sequence of events associated to the call along with the IP addresses associated thereto. This is apt to be the most telling as you will be able to see the various invites from start to finish, who offered what and the response to same. If need be, you can then also highlight and click on one of the events and wireshark will take you back to the data of interest so that you can examine the packets in detail.

If you will send the pcap file to me, I will do the above as well, but will try and highlight the issue so as to make you aware of what to look for in the future. I will send you my email in a PM.

Ok so i followed your steps and I have sent the pcap file. I sent the fax using faxzero.com. I don't have an actual fax machine to send with right now. Currently I"m only trying to receive the fax and send to email. Anyway I watched the call come in and disconnect and got the capture right there. Let me know what i need to tell DIDForSale. Hopefully this can help others in the future.

Also I have an issue when I try to view the flow my wireshark crashes out. Not sure why but it does.

Look at the windows event viewer logs. Also check the version, perhaps a incorrect one for the OS. IN any event, I got the flow from the file you sent and have subsequently sent you the details about its contents and that indeed DIOD4Sale is rejecting the t38 invite from 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.