• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Extension shows as registered, but phone says SIP register failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

american10

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
100
Reaction score
4
Hello. I have an issue with one extension where it shows green/registered, but the actual desk phone is show "SIP Register Failed."

I could probably just restart the entire PBX instance, but I'm curious if there is a way to unstick this extension registration without restarting the entire PBX.
 
Hello. I have an issue with one extension where it shows green/registered, but the actual desk phone is show "SIP Register Failed."

I could probably just restart the entire PBX instance, but I'm curious if there is a way to unstick this extension registration without restarting the entire PBX.
It may have the mobile app registered and that would be why it shows green.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
Hi @american10,

Is the phone local to the PBX, connected via SBC or STUN?

What type of phone is it?

What version of the PBX are you running?
 
I would power down the set, then power up, to force a registration, Then check the 3CX Activity log to see if there is a registration attempt, failed, or not, from that sets IP.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon