Facebook App Review Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Whitworth

SOHO User
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
I have been struggling with trying to get my 3cx App approved. Eery time it fails, I have found something that I screwed up except this last time. Here is the response from the reviewer.

We have determined that your app's use case and screencast for the requested permission are valid. However, we were unable to fully replicate the experience from step #3. Specifically, we are unable to receive the message from the website to the user's end (messenger).

To resolve this issue, please revise your bot to respond and function appropriately, then re-submit for review. Furthermore, kindly provide a Facebook test credentials that can interact with your BOT.

For more information, read our (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform).

Please re-submit accordingly and we will re-review your application.

Thank you.

I can send a message from my personal FB account to the business page and it comes through on the text extension/account in 3cx. I can send back as well. THey seem to be saying that they can't do the same, but of course they can't becuase the app is not live and only gets messages from FB Page admins. And do I need to create a FB Test account (am I even allowed to do that) for them and assign it as admin on my page?

Sorry for the dumb questions. At this point, if a partner is reading this and interested, I would be glad to pay to fix it or get it approved.

Thanks

DaveW
 
I just finally got my App approved today after several weeks of trying.

Do not add the "login" credentials for them to test. They will send a message and you just need to reply and they will approve it. The response I got from them is that when you are adding credentials to login, they are expecting it to be a login via facebook.
I can confirm this works. When you resubmit thjis part:

Step 1. Log in to the 3CX WebClient with the following credentials:

PBX Web client URL: https://exampledomain:5001/webclient

Extension: ________

Password: ________

Step 2. Write and send a test message on the Facebook Page.

Step 3. Receive and reply to the message in 3CX Web Client.

Change it to:

Step 1. Write and send a test message on the Facebook Page.

Step 2. Receive and reply to the message in 3CX Web Client.

I noticed in the months since I last was in the FB app admin page, they changed and added a *lot* of stuff so the 3cx instructions are going to be pretty far out of date.

Mega-Mega Thanks for @jg-hjc for figuring this out!

DaveW
 
I can confirm this works. When you resubmit thjis part:



Change it to:



I noticed in the months since I last was in the FB app admin page, they changed and added a *lot* of stuff so the 3cx instructions are going to be pretty far out of date.

Mega-Mega Thanks for @jg-hjc for figuring this out!

DaveW
Anche inserendo le risposte da te suggerite per l'analisi dell'app mi fallisce perchè mi richiedono le credenziali del web client.
Io ho un app sul cellulare pronta a rispondere appena mi arriva il messaggio da FB
 
You have to remove this:

Step 1. Log in to the 3CX WebClient with the following credentials:

PBX Web client URL: https://exampledomain:5001/webclient

Extension: ________

Password: ________
 
I can confirm this works. When you resubmit thjis part:



Change it to:



I noticed in the months since I last was in the FB app admin page, they changed and added a *lot* of stuff so the 3cx instructions are going to be pretty far out of date.

Mega-Mega Thanks for @jg-hjc for figuring this out!

DaveW
This absolutely worked for me. Thanks yall.
 
So this worked for me until I accidentaly deleted the app some how. Now, it wants those login creds. So Im not sure what has changed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us