• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Consideration Fallback to originator after unsuccessfull blind transfer

maarteninvision

Reaction score
The following scenario is not possible at this moment:

User does a blind transfer to another user which is "registered" and the status is ""available".
When he or she does not answer the call within a specific time, it woul be nice to transfer the call back to the user that did the blind transfer.

This is only possible when a user is busy, but when a user is busy, you can see it in the precense view.

Hope to see this feature in a next release.

Upvote 172
Is still in consideration?? Because I needed a feature like this. For the moment, i'll say to my customer to do attendant transfert. But it would really nice to consider.
For my point, the customer who have installed the new 3cx phone doesn't want at all voicemail, they always want someone to speek.

Thanks for feedback!

+1 Most of traditional PBX has this option.

You can set in the forward rule when not answered to revert back to the operator, but it is not always the operator who transfers.

If they enable this as a new feature it is important to have some information on the screen to follow it, like where it was transferred to and where it reverted back from.

I have a Blind person sitting on a 3CX switchboard, and I programmed JAWS to assist her in telling her what is on the screen, so the incoming call should look different as the reverted call.

+1 yes but optional

+1, but need extension templates first so we can manage it globally.

Reactions: tvdir
We just installed a system for a county government (all offices in the courthouse and the road/bridge department). They've asked for this feature for some of the extensions, but not all extensions. So, this needs to be optional, but on a 'per extension' basis, NOT on a global basis.

+1 but as an optional feature that should be explicit activated

+1
We just installed a system for a social aid office with about 60 extensions, the receptionists are screaming for this feature as it was available on their previous PBX.
3CX, please add it soon...

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.