Solved Fanvil v65 as router phone at remote office does not register (WiFi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtoSkogman

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Feb 5, 2021
Messages
57
Reaction score
3
Hi! When setting up Fanvil v65 phone in a remote office it does not register. I have done factory reset, rebooted, entered required SBC codes for the phone ect. Phone does the provisioning, since it get all blfs correctly, but then comes "Sip registering failed". Our pbx is on Win10 pro,pbx version v18 update 6, license Pro.When done this inside office, router phone worked fine. Any idea what to do?
 
You just made an excellent case on why IP phones should absolutely never be used on WiFi.

We do not test the phones on WiFi for certification, and only support LAN mode for all IP phones, even ones that do come equipped with WiFi chips.

Now I wish you had told me this from the beginning, I would have saved you a lot of time and trouble xD

I think we can close this thread now as solved.
 
Hi! Yes we close.
Nobody told me about this kind of limit.
All other wifi phones works just fine.
 
No problem, just keep it in mind going forward that 3CX does not support or test WiFi mode on IP phones.

I recommend you switch all your devices to LAN as soon as you get the chance to avoid any future unknown issues and to also ensure that SIP traffic can travel more reliably (avoid lost incoming calls, avoid audio drop outs, avoid stuck calls or unresponsive BLFs to name a few possibilities).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
112,156
Messages
591,013
Members
165,188
Latest member
Teemal