• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gear Up. V15.5 BETA is Here and Available for a Test Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shuffle plays in complete random order the music files you put in the playlist. I think if you hold an existing call you will get the same music. Don't test like this.
Make one call and park it. You should hear one music.
Make a second call and park it. You should hear a random picked file.
make a third call and park it - Another file should be played.

I tried this, had three calls on different parks and they all played the exact same music with shuffle. When the next on hold item started to play, they all played it.

Also I noticed the BLF keys are not lighting up for shared parking either. I factory reset the Fanvil X5 (I noticed it on a Grandstream 2130, yes I know not supported but same behavior).

As a measure since it was a test machine, I blew away the OS and loaded a fresh install of 15.5 Beta with no backup and both of the issues still persisted.

Two questions re: Web CTI

1.) if an agent is a part of multiple queues, how does that agent select which queue (one or both) that they will log into when they toggle the 'Q' option from the web interface. From the windows version, they can easily log in/out of each queue and then it is remembered when they toggle the 'Q' option. I do not see a way to do this with the web version.

2.) Running a Yealink T46G latest supported firmware and 15.5, the web CTI is using 'MakeCall' instead of dialing the number the way that the windows client does. How do I achieve the same functionality from the web client?

Can someone provide reasoning to why the BETA update became available to Retail clients?

It specifically states

Note: Beta updates might contain some bugs so install this only in test environments. It is advisable to install updates to production systems only when they are final.

So why has it been pushed out to everybody?

If we had Auto Updating enabled, will this then push the system over to the BETA?

Hold not available in Webclient CTI. Make it from the phone.
Drag and drop - in the pipe
Icon yes - Yes makes sense.
Not sure exactly. Depends on the phone and on the firmware. Make sure you update the firmware. And give us spec of phone and firmware so we check. We dont reproduce this delay because uacsta is faster in sip and cti is in web. So you would need to open a support ticket on this and provide deep detail.

RE: Hold from the web client. Is this a limitation in the CSTA standard? Will it ever be achievable through the CTI?
Also, when there are multiple calls on the screen, you can't switch between them. It would be so good if you could click on each call icon to get it to switch to that call radio button style.This would really help a busy receptionist. Will this be doable at some time? Is the ultimate goal to be able to run all functions from the webclient in CTI mode?

I tried this, had three calls on different parks and they all played the exact same music with shuffle. When the next on hold item started to play, they all played it.

Also I noticed the BLF keys are not lighting up for shared parking either. I factory reset the Fanvil X5 (I noticed it on a Grandstream 2130, yes I know not supported but same behavior).

As a measure since it was a test machine, I blew away the OS and loaded a fresh install of 15.5 Beta with no backup and both of the issues still persisted.

Shuffle shuffles the audio files in the folder.
So the stream can be in order (one file after the other) or shuffled (audio files mixed and played at random)
however if shuffle is on and you make 10 calls, they will get a shuffled identical stream. This is how it works.

1.) if an agent is a part of multiple queues, how does that agent select which queue (one or both) that they will log into when they toggle the 'Q' option from the web interface. From the windows version, they can easily log in/out of each queue and then it is remembered when they toggle the 'Q' option. I do not see a way to do this with the web version.

2.) Running a Yealink T46G latest supported firmware and 15.5, the web CTI is using 'MakeCall' instead of dialing the number the way that the windows client does. How do I achieve the same functionality from the web client?

Queues we will check
Yealink - try to factory reset the phone and try again. Should work flawlessly. Where is the phone? same lan as pbx or remote?

Can someone provide reasoning to why the BETA update became available to Retail clients?

It specifically states

So why has it been pushed out to everybody?

If we had Auto Updating enabled, will this then push the system over to the BETA?

What do you mean? It s like Google Labs feature. You want it? You take it. You don't want it? you skip it.
No Auto updates do not automatically install beta updates. They auto update release production updates.

Reactions: Nick Galea
What do you mean? It s like Google Labs feature. You want it? You take it. You don't want it? you skip it.
No Auto updates do not automatically install beta updates. They auto update release production updates.

Thank you for the clarification.

It's just that all our systems email us to notify of a new update, when it was simply a BETA release.

I do not believe BETA releases should be pushed out via the normal release channel, that would get dangerous quickly.

Possibly look into an 'Opt In' option for beta releases to ensure no one gets tripped up installing something that is not production ready.

Also not sure why a beta build is being pushed actively to customers. Since the update there is a audio loss on the outbound stream after exactly 60 sec on inbound calls. Reverted to old build - works without problems. will trace it today to see if we can find out what is going on.

Can we check please? We have never seen this problem before.
Update and lets trace. I think this is an issue on your border device.
What audio call is this? via SIP Trunk? Via extension to extension?
Are you sure after 60 seconds you loose the voice? IS this value consistent? You will need to help us here. Send me pm and I will connect to you.

Hope the final release af 15.5 with WEB CTI will bring ALL the function of the Windows Client plus new functions.
And I hope allso:
  • Hotel Module will bring ALL teh function of v.14 Hotel module
  • WebRTC call from website will be back
  • VAD will be released contestually
  • DECT Phones can be controlled by CTI
  • etc...
If not this is another backstep fo 3CX and contribute to break the faith we and ou customers ave in the project and push us to go with other solutions that already support all these features without issues.

Nick, you're late! Other competitors have all the functions we are looking for, already ready and running for years without any problems!

Work hard to create a mature and working product soon, otherwise many of your customers will leave you!

I still wonder how they did not contact you to build Rome. Only Sersis the great can build Rome in a day.

About 1 - You can do this. It is currently not very clear agreed - but you can do this.
Go to the webclient > Switchboard and go to the queue you need to modify.
You will see the agents name on the right.
Any Agent can click on the name entry and you will notice that that click operation toggles that agent in and out of the specific queue.
If you had to make a global logout, and login, the queue states will be preserved. (If you were logged out from 1 queue but logged into 2 others a global logout will logout of all, and a global login will log you in to the 2 you were logged in but not that one where you specifically logged out)

The functionality is all there. Its just not intuitive that you can click on the name..
upload_2017-5-5_10-57-8.png

Hi Nicky
New version works great in our production :)

Q1: Is or will there be access to the http API (http://serverIP/ivr/PbxAPI.aspx?func=make_call xxxxxxx)
Q2: We have customers asking for Sennheiser support for theiere MAC´s, will something be possible here?

/Jesper
JED

Reactions: Nick Galea
Thank you for the clarification.

It's just that all our systems email us to notify of a new update, when it was simply a BETA release.

I do not believe BETA releases should be pushed out via the normal release channel, that would get dangerous quickly.

Possibly look into an 'Opt In' option for beta releases to ensure no one gets tripped up installing something that is not production ready.

Good to know auto update does not update it. In our setup this is not really a problem because we manage this for the customer. In an environment wher customer has access to this he will click through the updates no matter what the content is

There appears to be an oversight in the UI regarding the selection the desired handset from the webclient when you have multiple identical handsets on the same extension (from different SBC's).

In my example below, I have (2) x T46G handsets off the same extension, which is a common scenario for some of our clients.

The issue relates to the identification of the handset - you have no way of knowing which is which (refer to screenshot below).

I also note that the beta release still fails to resolve the correct surfacing of MAC addresses and SBC details (in the 'Phones' tab) for the scenario where there are multiple handsets in multiple locations for the same extension. This is quite frustrating.

upload_2017-5-5_18-59-30.png

This may seem like a silly question, but how do I make a call from the webclient without activating any of the handsets attached to the extension I'm logged into. In other words, how do I disable CTI for my handsets?

Also, it appears that I cannot cancel a call from the webclient before a connection is established as the 'End' button on the webclient call dialogue box is disabled.

This may seem like a silly question, but how do I make a call from the webclient without activating any of the handsets attached to the extension I'm logged into. In other words, how do I disable CTI for my handsets?

Also, it appears that I cannot cancel a call from the webclient before a connection is established as the 'End' button on the webclient call dialogue box is disabled.

As far as I know, the WebClient is CTI-only, therefore a handset needs to be connected? It does not have the ability to act as a softphone.

BR, Christian

Shuffle shuffles the audio files in the folder.
So the stream can be in order (one file after the other) or shuffled (audio files mixed and played at random)
however if shuffle is on and you make 10 calls, they will get a shuffled identical stream. This is how it works.

Is there any possibility that the Shared Park and get the multiple files like MoH and do a random file play per call parked then? The customers who use Shared Parking and have professionally done MoH are complaining they have multiple products but most of the time people only hear one or two of them, and it cannot be randomized.

CTI cannot be disabled if your handset supports it. Why would you want to disable it? if you dont want to use the client, make a call from the phone. Or use the client against 3CX client.

Also the END button should work. Maybe it is a cache issue. End must be enabled and you can end a call before it is answered. What phone are you using? Maybe its a firmware issue.

Hi Nicky.

What version is pbxexpress currently spinning up? Alpha, Beta or production? We have several clients we need to spin up this month, and we can't use alpha (no upgrade to Beta or production). I really don;t want to go back to manually installing the O/S and the 3CX...Pbxexpress is pretty awesome, but hopefully, it's for more than just testing!

Please advise - thanks.

Is there any possibility that the Shared Park and get the multiple files like MoH and do a random file play per call parked then? The customers who use Shared Parking and have professionally done MoH are complaining they have multiple products but most of the time people only hear one or two of them, and it cannot be randomized.

I'm not on 15.5 yet, but I agree that the setup sounds less than optimal. Does this mean it shuffles the folder once ever, and then uses them in that order from then on?

I'd really just like it to randomly select a track from the MOH folder each time hold music is summoned for any reason. I know I personally detest being placed on hold multiple times and hearing the same song. An hour of that will drive anyone mad. I've thought about writing a script that will rename all the music files on the server every so often just to fool 3CX into playing different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.