Google Analytics not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBCH

Free User
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Hi,

We have Google Tag manager in place and upgraded to the new live chat, but not seeing any events in Analytics.
 
Was everything working before you updated the WP Live Chat plugin to 9.4.0, or did you just now enable this?
 
Just enabled this now after updating to 9.4
 
In your Google Analytics, do you see events
  • chat_interaction
  • chat_init
  • chat_complete
  • chat_offline
?
They should appear in this view if Analytics has been properly setup for your site:
1633609647382.png


Also is this the view you have, or does it look different?
What did you use to enabled Analytics, ga.js or gtag.js?
 
Hi,

No, we are using Google Tag Manger - gtm.js
 
Aren't you supposed to deploy Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager?
Without Analytics, GTM doesn't do much I think...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Yes, normally I'd expect to add tags and triggers for specific events in tag manager itself, this then feeds to Analytics.
 
When you access your website and interact with the plugin, do you see requests being sent in your Browser Console?

Also, are you using legacy analytics or GA4?
 
Hi,

No events logged in the browser console. We are sending data to both actually.
 
Could you send me the website you have enabled this on in a PM so we can check some things?
 
I am experiencing this same issue. How did you resolve this issue? Can you please share here?
 
I am experiencing this same issue. How did you resolve this issue? Can you please share here?
Not actually resolved, didnt get round to this yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: calebross
Could you send me the website you have enabled this on in a PM so we can check some things?
Hi NickD_3CX. Were you able to determine the issue? We are having the same issue and would like to resolve it.
 
Hi NickD_3CX. Were you able to determine the issue? We are having the same issue and would like to resolve it.
Hi!

To be honest, no, but I have asked our Dev Team to have a look once Update 2 is out. I need to say though, we have it working internally.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi!

To be honest, no, but I have asked our Dev Team to have a look once Update 2 is out. I need to say though, we have it working internally.
Hello was this ever resolved having similar issues.
 
We are having the same issue, was anyone able to get this working?
 
I suppose this is not working?
I tried to use Google Tag Assistant, to find any events. But no results..

Anyone any luck with this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us