• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Grandstream GRP2604 Multipurpose keys not provisioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanlonden

Free User
Joined
Jul 10, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
hello all,

I have a set of GRP2604p phones who have the option of 10 MPK's to be used for various functions like speeddail and BLF keys. When provisioning a user in 3CX 20U2 or before, these keys are not provisioned but instead the "Virtual MPK" are configured instead. The BLF function doesn't seem to work there either as the entries show up with a question mark in front of them.

The phone itself has firmware version 1.0.5.54 and 3cx runs (Version 20.0 Update 2 (Build 715 Release)).

I haven't been able to find a setting in 3CX where I can change this behaviour.

If anyone has an idea on how to resolve this, that would be great.

Thank you
Erwin
 
So you provisioned the phone in Local mode, when in fact it is not local since the instance is in EC2, which explains one of the most typical reasons we see BLFs failing to subscribe.

Now you've enabled NAT traversal which is not meant for local connections, basically like running the phone in STUN mode which is not supported. Please note that since this is not a supported network config, and you might face further issues you will have to troubleshoot later. In addition, the custom templates will have to be manually maintained because they will not auto-update when we release new service packs.

If the instance is in EC2, then it is considered remote and the correct solution here would be to install an SBC in the same LAN as the phones, which will connect them up to your instance in a supported manner.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi John, I agree. As the setup I have is pretty small with only a few phones of the same brand and model I think I can use the setup I have now without using a SBC. The NAT autodiscovery works pretty well for the moment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us